-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Most likely not - it runs on good old fashioned tried and tested Vauxhall parts, the 2.2l engines are solid as a rock and as the car is lightweight it puts so much less strain on the components compared to a something like a lardy 350z. Honestly, so many people have little or no knowledge of these cars and have some very fluffy pre-dispositions to them but they are quite simply one of the best road legal driving experiences you can get for the money.
-
Dozens of cards lying around at home due to all the camera equipment have had over the years, no problems on that front.
-
What was interesting was that in the dry the P-Zeros are better than the 4s in terms of actual measured performance, it was the 'subjective' scoring which made the 4s win in the dry, which is a bit hmmmm for me as another reviewer could quite easily have subjectively scored the P-Zeros better. Its well worth reading the article to see the actual measured performance scores as it puts the tyres in different orders of results
-
Cheers Steve, as up top quality is not on the agenda, capturing the moment is more important. We can all still sit and watch stars in low resolution non HD quality and enjoy every minute of it I already have a pretty decent mirrorless CSC but wanted something smaller which if it gets busted up/falls off side of car etc. I wont be too concerned about. In the end I took a punt on the apeman one which seemed to have a few edges over the competition in terms of image stabilisation and audio capture. Will give it a test run and post up results
-
Cheers guys, these are the things that were popping up on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0742YCX3M https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HPXH29Q I suspect I will use them 4 or 5 times then get bored of them, hence the reason for something cheap but enough to capture the moment.
-
OK, so yes I know I could spend hundreds of pounds on a GoPro Hero[insert number here], yes they are better, but I really am not looking for video quality I am going to be releasing on the big screen in Leicester Square. ta OK, so that pre-amble out the way, I have noticed in the Amazon Sales area a spattering of budget 4k video cameras (literally around the £50-£60 mark). Suddenly thought it might be good to pick one up and capture some on car video. The two I saw in the sales are the Apeman and Akaso AK7000. I have looked at some YT vids of both, the AK7000 is a bit contrast happy but otherwise quality is not bad for the money. The one thing I would like to ensure I do capture is decent audio which many reviews of these online seems to neglect. Anyone had any experience with low end budget 4k cameras? I would expect them to probably give up the ghost after a year or two but thats ok. Be good if you have captured some footage on a car i.e. on the outside with wind noise and exhaust sounds etc.
-
Tein springs and spacers and they look fine. Like most cars off the production line though the wheels are always too far in and too much travel to look 'sporty'
-
I think Zippy was saying that with the additional weight offsetting the extra bhp once on the road in the hands of your average driver you wouldn't see noticable differences in performance i.e. the HR disappearing way off into the distance on a B road. Not owning one however I cannot substantiate that but I dont remember seeing them blasting away on convoys etc.
-
Sold - thread locked
-
What on earth! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41179132
-
As Jords said look in the For Sale section, there is a JDM 03 plate just bumped to your price range. For the money you are going to have to compromise on a few things such as colour, styling and location of car - suspect you might have to travel a fair way to find your car, but then again most people on here did. As a general rule in terms of imports do not be put off by the myths that sit with them in the industry, you can get zed imports with GT spec options you simply just have to spend 5 minutes checking they have them. Insurance wise they make hardly any difference to insurance nowadays. My last two cars have been imports and nothing wrong with them at all. Have you got yourself some insurance quotes yet? Worth looking into as there have been various horror stories on here of people buying Zeds then facing an insurance cost of thousands because they didnt check it beforehand. To echo the above, make sure you have at least £1k slush sat in your account (or a credit card with it on!) as you can get bitten quite quickly by perishables, they are not cheap on these cars.
-
Link to venue on first post
-
Have a chat with Tarmac Sportz on here, they can source these wheels and have tonnes of knowledge on fitment to 350z.
-
The HR will get you the facelifted interior, which is a fair step up from DEs
-
The point really was that its easier and cheaper to get an HR down to the same weight as a DE than it is to modify and tune a DE up to the power levels of an HR.
-
Add lightness to your HR - cheap and easy mod
-
It really does vary by person how the alcohol appears on a reading in your system. Check out this guy...
-
Clearly you take the press with a pinch of salt but saw on the front of the metro Coleen wants a split? So maybe the theory about going off for a bit of filth might be on the button!
-
Only read the initial news report but in an old VW beetle? My first thoughts were that he might have had a couple, the nominated driver decided to have a few drinks and get a taxi, taxi was going to be a long time so Wayne decided to chance it given he only had a couple - would seem like a reasonable supposition, although all that could be wrong with anything that has been in the press since!
-
Dont worry I have an old Toyota!
-
Every time you 'load' yourself into the cockpit of one of these cars and go out and feel like you are driving an F1 car you won't give two hoots what badge is on it, could have Lada on it for all I cared it still is the best drivers car I have ever been in, even driving it down the M4 from Cheltenham when I bought mine it was exhilarating.
-
Nope, they partner with Europcar - we just let the RAC know we wanted a hire car and Europcar contacted us asking where we wanted it delivered to. We had to pay a small fee (£7 delivery) to get it delivered but as I said it was really easy to organise took a few minutes over the phone and we had a virtually brand new Focus to use.
-
Its actually a Lotus chassis, built on the same production line as the Elise Hethel - it just uses, many may argue, a more reliable engine.
-
Supercharged VX220 can be had for circa £12k point to point faster than 99% of any other car you are likely to meet on the road on most weekends.
-
I have onward journey with RAC. Wife's megane died on day one of a Cornwall holiday, they towed the megane to my trusted garage back in Essex and we had a brand new Focus ST Line delivered to the cottage the following morning. Used it for the rest of the week and drove it back to home to Surrey where it was picked up again from the house. Awesome service