Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. ...Oi! Go easy on those 4 pot turbos!
  2. All your EV car updates in future can be placed here
  3. Rather than have multiple threads about every update to EV cars, all your wonderful EV thoughts can be posted here, I have pinned it to make it easier to find - please keep it dignified and constructive.
  4. No not at all I don't know what you mean...and that the successful entrepreneur Musk announced earlier this year that they will be skipping beta testing for the Model 3 to try and get it out on the shelf and actually earn the company some money. And that NASA saved SpaceX from extinction ten years ago with a near $2bn contract to keep it going. Yes, he's done it all on his own, that showed everyone
  5. Its amazing what $5bn of state funding (along with funding from NASA ironically) can help you achieve as a commercial business
  6. I would imagine the roadster would be an awesome track car if they can get it to handle, I wonder though with the range, Harris noted that it lost 40 miles of range after a bit of spirited driving, maybe I missed it but how much spirited driving was that? Was that after 3 or 4 miles of putting his foot down or much more? It would have been useful to know.
  7. Blimey, check the oil pressure too!
  8. Same here, just freezing rain - although we had a dusting yesterday. The wonders of the protective pollution shield put up across London that prevents snow
  9. coldel

    Stubaru BRZ

    Just make sure you get on to them quick. The onus is on companies nowadays to not hold personal information for what is deemed 'longer than required' so it could easily be deleted in a few days if the retailer operates that way. But gutted for you, its my one big fear - also agree its plausible it was deliberate but could easily have been an elderly person who slipped as exiting the car and leant the door against it, or a younger child, or even someone who walked around the car to open the door, it was frozen shut, so gave it a tug and... Either way if you can get video evidence and a number plate you are quids in.
  10. Chris does sum it up like many a petrolhead on here at the end - its brutally fast, but it doesn't excite, it 'doesnt light the fuse' and the ride is a bit poor as it tries to deal with the weight. It destroyed that 911 but thats what 600bhp and 700lbft of equivalent power does. Interior looked a bit meh - not a fan of the big screen but can imagine a technogeek would love it.
  11. Sold - thread locked
  12. Fair few V8 F-Types for sale under 50k ?
  13. Could you squeak in a 360 Fezza for under 50k?
  14. F-Type? Mustang?
  15. Sold - thread locked
  16. Yep as said before, EV for pootling about in doing the mundane stuff like commuting/sitting in traffic/shopping - supercharged Elise for having proper fun.
  17. General feedback over the years has been that the combo of moly and nissan fluid gives a smoother operation than other branded alternatives. I took the hit and bought 4 litres from zmanalex in the end and happy with the improvement.
  18. All depends on what you term exciting. I am sure a professional drift driver in a 90bhp mk1 mx5 going around an oval circuit would make it a spectacularly exciting experience moreso than sitting in a veyron and driving up to 100mph very quickly. GZ I can see you get your kicks from things that just go fast, which is absolutely fine. Others get kicks from sounds, smells etc. (its been written before wont write it again) and handling on the limits which you will never get with an EV. Personally a stupid quick 0-100 time is not the be all and end all of what I term exciting in a car. But each to their own!
  19. coldel

    GT-Four

    Seems to be happening a fair bit now, with the cars knocking on the door of 25 years old and having run EBCs for a fair bit. Can't help but feel nervous still it really does shift for a classic car and now sounds bloody marvelous!
  20. Can confirm a number of Celica GT4 owners have had bad experiences with fitment and quality of Mishimoto rads too.
  21. Surely on the cards not so far down the line is to build your own track car from scratch! The Keyser Eagle Hammerhead Shed - it would be awesome...
  22. coldel

    GT-Four

    Aye should probably let someone else drive my car (would be a first!) - these are sequential BOVs as well, its great watching the internals work as you can see the two moving parts (which makes them different to the standard BOVs as well)
  23. coldel

    GT-Four

    Well, I managed to get onto an AdamC3046 video recently which had me leaving the denbies PH sunday service and have to say was not too impressed with the high pitched whistle the bov makes! In the car it sounds fine but outside it sounds much higher pitched and a bit naff if I am honest. I have an HKS SSQV blow off valve on the car. I did a bit of investigation online and found out something quite interesting, that you can with these specific BOVs change the pitch and sound of the air exiting the valve which is quite neat. You can remove the plastic fin and replace with different shapes to create different sounds. Like below: I also found out that lots of people rather than pay the £20 for a bit of plastic removed the fins altogether and thats what I tried on the weekend, and it sounds much better. The sound is much lower pitched, less of a whistle and more of a whhhhhhhhosh. Not an exciting update by any means but the car sounds very different now and I found out something very cool about these particular brand of BOV.
  24. No need to miss meets, I have been gate crashing them for years in various road going non zed machinery
  25. Good to meet you today pal at Ace. Nice car! How about this I sourced from the world wide of web...do it do it do it!
×
×
  • Create New...