Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Did I do it wrong then buying a VX220 when my one was born?
  2. Note our new REO structure looks like this: East/West Midlands Mopedmark Davey83 London/South East Payco North East Rickdon North West Spatt Rob350 Northern Ireland KyleR Scotland Irn Bru LRF4N South Central Keyser South West Choptop Clearly we missing our Wales representative - so that position is still open. Also if anyone wishes to help Keyser out in the South area please do shout
  3. Following on from my post here: I would like to welcome along our new REO and REO support volunteers! So big pats on backs for Payco, LRF4N, Davey_83 and Rob350 for putting their hands up and volunteering their time to continue the good record of events and meets we organise via the forum. I am sure there will be many a great meet in 2018 but please do remember these people put in a lot of their precious time to organise meets for the forum so please do only put your name down for a meet if you genuinely intend on going, and if you have to pull out at late notice, let the REOs know as soon as you can. Merry Christmas all and see you in the new year Col
  4. My mate has a Civic 2011 Type S and he hates it. He had a Subaru before that which is quick enough that when you downgrade on power to the Civic you really notice it. Not exciting and quite boaty from my passenger rides in it. If I were you I would go proper shedding and get something that will save you money but also something that you do not hope will give you some sort of feeling of it replacing the zed - let it be a complete step down, expect nothing more from it, then when money is good again go for it.
  5. Agreed. Feel free to post up experiences nothing to stop that, but I wouldnt interpret others comments as defending, more as trying to get at what is going on. Also if you post on here, be prepared for a mix of responses. Would I buy from tradelink, like you said, no I wouldnt. But appreciate others have good experiences.
  6. Most do fit there. I bought one for £25 off ebay and it does a pretty good job. It was recommended in a number of magazines as the budget option. Other brands like Nextbase etc. seem to come highly rated. I am planning to upgrade at some point but havent yet.
  7. Nobody is being unreasonable and we all get your anger but its worth stepping into their shoes - its the best thing to do in any negotiation. Maybe the scenario was that he requested it back but never got it back and it was fraudulently taken but he didnt chase up the missing bumper for whatever reason - maybe he decided to just let it go and only then decided to raise it now when he chanced across that review some time down the line? There could be a number of scenarios playing out here and it and to be quite frank its not unequivocal proof of lying in that respect. Did you have written agreement of all the services being provided? So the bumper material, specifics on the washer holes etc. Really it should have been done and dusted in one phone call and presentation of written evidence if so as they would have been in breach of contract.
  8. I also had a delivery from an ebay seller which apparently was signed for by me a couple of years back, it most definitely never arrived at my house and I signed for nothing yet there was the proof of some scrawled initials of my name. Fortunately it wasnt a high value item and the seller replaced it kindly after a constructive conversation with them.
  9. If they are parts to be done in future, can the cost not be done phased over time in the future? If you have done £25k(!) in 5 years whats £1k a year over two years to get it properly sorted. Its also likely to be lower if you get a competitive quote as well.
  10. Just out of interest, did you ring him up and speak with him? I find nowadays many complaints where they mention that they email x amount of times, but email is just the worst way to sort stuff like this out, email just doesn't convey sincerity unfortunately and is not an effective way of negotiating. Not saying you did wrong and you may have indeed been on the phone to him trying to resolve (I know its the first thing I would have done before even the first email) but I find that the digital generation do tend to ignore one of the best conflict resolution devices on the planet, speaking to each other
  11. coldel

    REO 2018

    Thanks for those who have put their hands up so far - a gentle bump for those that might want to put some time towards helping to organise meets/events
  12. Absolutely lovely place to be inside it, I mean, you wouldnt want to be outside looking at it
  13. Well I can imagine the Pigeons union stepping in. The practice of defecating on expensive cars has been the freedom of every pigeon in this country for a hundred years, it cannot be changed now
  14. coldel

    January sales?

    Yes hunt around all the normal candidates black circles, camskill, tyreleader, asda etc get the best deal you can get. If you are after a specific high performance tyre its usually harder to get a decent price vs being open to a few different top brands.
  15. Just as an aside, you would have to remove this in the UK for MoT time I would have thought as the exhaust etc. would need to be inspected?
  16. Sold - thread locked
  17. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-42409884 Apparently a bucket and sponge should suffice...
  18. Speak to Ricey...
  19. Yes agreed!
  20. coldel

    REO 2018

    To clarify this is what it looks like at the moment as I understand it. But agree its not immediately clear. REGION REO BACKUP East Anglia None East/West Midlands Mopedmark Davey83 London/South East Payco North East Rickdon North West Spatt Northern Ireland KyleR Scotland Irn Bru South Central Keyser South West Choptop Wales None
  21. See I would have put Rogue One above both of the new SW films. It was so focused, so raw and sequences of action, information, reflection etc. came thick and fast. I agree with Stu that this film was much more like the prequels all a bit too fluffy, colourful and CGI based.
  22. coldel

    REO 2018

    Good morning As I am sure you are all aware, the events that get organised through the forum are one of the many advantages to being on here. We have a number of members putting in the time to organise meet ups and events over the last couple of years, some of whom will be moving on from that role so thank you to: @AmyZed @buster @370Ad and @Ian for your efforts So we do have some openings and I am looking for people who are willing to step into their boots and help organise meets/events in the following two regions: - East Anglia - Wales If you are in the area, and are keen to take up a more active role in organising meets then please PM me. You will of course be supported by the forum and of course we supply liability insurance for any meets you organise on here. If you are living in another region and would like to lend support, we do have support positions available for other regions, especially if you are in Scotland or the south of England. Again if you are interested in supporting any of the current REOs please PM me and we can take it from there. Cheers and happy zedding in 2018 Col
  23. Went to see this at the weekend, premium seat, 3d, centre placing etc. was all set for over 2 hours of star wars mayhem. And was a little disappointed...started really well, slowed down far too much in the middle, then the end really kicked on but a few things really bothered me...spoiler alert so only click if you have seen the film! Anyway, it was a good bit of entertainment but nowhere near the 90%+ Rotten Tomatoes critics are giving it.
  24. Looks great Steve, love the Strosek spoilers on these.
×
×
  • Create New...