Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. coldel

    The R33

    Is that a big job? Were you dismantling the AC unit itself?
  2. Reminds me to post up this photo I took last year in a car park, I really just don't know how it got to this stage...who started it?
  3. Aye they are not Nismo sides, but very puurty all the same. Great to get a bit of a headstart on the mods, especially when they are pretty expensive ones! Try Steve350z (Redline styling) on here he has a stock of stubbies, CS or similar for your exhaust, Zmanalex/Clark on the spoiler maybe and for ICE advice Spursmaddave who seems to have had a crack at everything involved with electronic entertainment in a Zed!
  4. coldel

    The R33

    I forgot to take out the HICAS bulbs as well which was annoying. Still I am going to paint the dash at some point so will do it next time!
  5. coldel

    The R33

    Well, first job to be done on the car, after going out to play footy last weds evening was shocked to see (or not) the bulb behind the dash speed clock didn't work! I could see the rev counter etc but not the speed. So after some near accidents of me desperately staring at the speedo when street lamps passed over head I decided to get it sorted. Bought some cheapo crystal white LEDs from ebay (8 quid for ten) and proceeded on a job that I thought would be an utter pig. Removing the dash and taking the clocks out to get to the back to change the LEDs. I started at around 10:45 today...and was done by 11:15, what a stunningly easy job! I had visions of me bolting down to the Zed-shed with half the dash hanging out but actually it was relatively simple clocks now look like this (didn't take a before shot which is a shame!) much clearer and actually it wouldn't be that hard to turn them all blue or whatever colour I wanted really.
  6. Good pics and good day for it
  7. Coming across a roundabout from the opposite direction to me today around 10:15ish - I think the one between Isleworth and Twickenham?
  8. Get the same lock and put it on again, get a load of mates, baseball bats, get some beers - lock yourselves in the garage and wait...
  9. Not sure, could do with being a size down to warn off the roller skate look
  10. I remember this being one of the best looking cars in my top trumps cars pack when I was a kid!
  11. Yeah Will is a nice bloke, forgot to name drop you though Graham!
  12. Was there getting a quote on my side skirt repair and yours was undergoing some work!
  13. Have a shiny happy birthday mate
  14. BMW 335i? Same engine size twin turbo oodles of tuning potential? Mustang? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ford/mustang/super-stunning-mustang-must-see/1810116 Europa? http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/europa/2008-lotus-europa-s--starlight-black--black-leather--black-wheels--full-history/1864122 Supra (although too old?) http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/fresh-import-1993-toyota-supra-rz-6-speed-700ps-avanced-tuned-tt-set-up/1874773 PS, I think its my fault the whole Skyline business going on on here lately, apologies!
  15. Looks good...they got rid of bag head then!
  16. Sorry to divert topics here,,,, back in a Nissan Coldel!!! what you sell the VX for?? To fit a childs seat in the back!
  17. Clearly you can afford to drop your prices then lol
  18. coldel

    The R33

    Cheers guys - took it out for the first time during the night and had a nasty little surprise - the LED behind the speed clock doesnt work! So I couldnt see what speed I was doing. The ones behind the revs etc all fine. So have invested in a pack of LEDs and first job on the car is to remove the dials and change the LEDs, by all accounts quite straight forward about an hours work.
  19. Went to the festival of speed with Colin/Darren couple of years back, was a cracking day, loved the F1 cars firing up the hill immense noise!
  20. Can always plastidip some centre caps black, so if you change your mind just peel it off.
  21. Ah ok, so different to google maps. Yes the NaviFree system you mean similar to that? It is nearly a Gigs worth of data on your phone though... ...and yes you would need to buy a data pack otherwise your normal data browsing would rack up a fair wallop of cash.
  22. I did something rough and ready at work on my works laptop, had some software called camstudio-recorder (not sure if its windows bundled software?) which just records your screen - I then uploaded it to You Tube no problem.
  23. I would possibly agree, but seeing he's going to FRANCE I wouldn't want to know the data cost Its not too bad. When I went abroad I just buy a "data pack" and find that the sat nav doesnt use much data at all. But, if the OP is worried about that, id definitely go for an off-line sat nav app. I use iGo on mine for off-line use and that works really well. Scuse my ignorance, I am not an expert on this, but how does an offline navigation system know where you are if it is not using GPS or similar?
  24. Yeah could be that, I do remember it is a way of dodging fees somewhere along the line!
×
×
  • Create New...