Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. As above, can't see why you would spend £50k on a Mitsubishi when a GTR can be had that would 'blitz' it anyday. Actually quite a few cars around the £50k mark which are just as fast but much more desirable than what is a saloon car with a big turbo...
  2. Happy belated birthday from one Colin to another
  3. Cheers guys, London Underground laid on a set of signal failures at Earls Court for me this morning which was nice of them but otherwise a busy day of work lies ahead - looking forwards to some pub grub and a few midweek beers later though
  4. Ah ok, maybe I will just use paints, just thought the plasti dip would have been a nice safe way of trying out what my dash surround would look like in white on the R33! So the colour underneath is black...
  5. Elephant are cheap for a reason I guess...
  6. Anyone tried any other colours other than black? White for instance...I also saw there is a gloss enhancer for it, anyone tried that?
  7. I really think he was told all this and believed it when he bought it, imagine he would have had a few 'questions' from prospective buyers which has probably now led him to realise that he has been royally ripped off. Have to pity the poor guy.
  8. Welcome back dude, sorry to hear about that, I guess if a positive is ever to be gained from a sh1tty situation like that its that it happened before you took the big step across the water.
  9. I would keep softening it up with a washmit of hot water (with car wash shampoo) - bit of inoffensive wheel cleaner and repeat process until it goes. Then, purchase gtechniq C5 wheel armour and never have to do this again...
  10. I have one of these http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/microfibre-drying-towels/chemical-guys-wooly-mammoth-drying-towel/prod_1003.html great towel can dry the whole car using it no problems at all. I would also recommend Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, used it on my black Zed and it does fill those annoying little scratches quite nicely.
  11. I almost spent £150 on the stormforce cover for my VX220, but spent £40 on the halfords 4 layer unbranded version instead, which is pretty much the same thing - worked a treat, didn't scratch the car, stayed attached and on the car, absolutely nothing wrong with the car every time it came off.
  12. That will be flywheel power Good gains actually - although low starting point?
  13. Loved the look of the last set in white, would look great on the Skyline, went to site, saw price thought wow then realised that was for 15" ones haha, maybe a bit further down the line I can invest in some 18s Lovely looking wheels though, good work sourcing those Chris
  14. coldel

    De-badge or not

    I removed the 'burger' and put the 350Z badge over the holes in the centre
  15. Think there was a *debate* on here a couple of years back about this - clearly the rain failing out the sky isn't nice in some parts of the country so there was a feeling that you should avoid rain water, but the Scottish contingent argued the point that it always rains in Scotland so what can you do!
  16. I've got 19" Volks racing, black with polished lips on mine. I had these, lovely wheels
  17. The brembos will cause problems with most ebay cheaper wheels - it is one of those areas which is going to be expensive to fix. Rota GTRs seem a popular swap, there are usually some used ones floating around on ebay. I ended up paying £1k for some Volks Racing ones (with tyres!) off a guy on here, bargain!
  18. This car and its owner were at the recent meet in West Meon...
  19. Blue brembos and tein lowering springs FTW
  20. Wasso, got a job for you mate
  21. ...and surely there was some speed involved for it to leave the road like that in the first place and demolish the railings? Beggars belief. God forbid you do 44 on a 40 dual carriageway though then they throw the book at you, points, fines the lot. Because that is so much more dangerous.
  22. There is a camera on the wall staring straight at it - thats not an accident its an elfin tit driving like a prick and making a ruddy fool of themselves, just lucky they didn't wipe a load of people out in the process, should be banned from the road for 10 years in my opinion.
  23. Exactly, its all a load of old horlicks. I can't imagine insuring a car that has had an engine swap and £15ks worth of upgrades to give it enough power to eat alive any GTR is going to be any more insurable than a stock GTR.
  24. I know in the past we have managed to get discounted tickets for these events via the forum, any chance of more of the same chaps? Colin?
  25. Good stuff, just trying to rope in the wife for this one!
×
×
  • Create New...