-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
It's WhackyWill's B'day! (Insert shocked face...)
coldel replied to 14N's topic in Off Topic Discussion
-
I have two, sort of! 1. Playing cards at my aunt and uncles house with my parents when I was about 12, it is a big old house in Essex (cue the jokes!) anyway we are all sat around the dining table, actually joking that their house is haunted, I am sat with my dad on one side and people sat on the other. Anyway, it was one of those moments where in the periphery of your vision behind my relatives sat opposite, you see something move but it isnt anything (hard to describe, imagine heat distorting your view when it comes out of an engine on a hot day that ripple effect) - anyway it moved from left to right and almost in perfect sync as it moved all three relatives opposite us jumped forwards and looked over their shoulder one after the other. Both me and my dad (car mechanic, sensible, general all round bloke who doesnt believe in nonsense like ghosts) looked at each other didnt have to say anything! Anyway, as the Jack of Clubs had just gone down we named the ghost Jack! Glad I didnt live there though...! 2. When I was born my Nan on my Dads side was quite old but I was her 'favourite' despite having about 8 grandchildren at that point. She spent as much time with me as possible when I was a baby and spent every spare penny she had on stuff for me (we lived in the 'penthouse' on the 14th floor of a block of flats on a council estate in Barking so money was tight!). Anyway I was at my parents and unusually Nan hadn't turned up to see us when I was about 26 months old I think it was. I had this toy Nan bought me which was a dog with a phone on its back (those on here over 30 might remember them!) anyway I liked the toy a lot, I was playing on the floor with it in front of my parents and two of my aunties when I picked up the phone on the toy and clear as day said 'Bye bye nanny sleep nice' - about 20 mins later our phone rang proper it was my grandad to tell us Nan had just passed away in hospital due to a sudden heart attack. I can imagine the story has been enhanced over the years but all my family know about it! Do I believe in ghosts, I dont think so, but hey wouldnt life be boring if everything was explained and nothing was unknown
-
...given all the newbie baiting and female car owner stalking going on thought I would try and distract you all with some info-graphics - some did make me chuckle http://www.demilked.com/truth-facts-funny-graphs-wumo/
-
www.hats4mods.com
-
I think it was about a beard with a red line on it and whats the maximum length you should grow one? Mods: make this a sticky?
-
Damn, that is page 10!
-
Sooooo close to page 10!
-
hello, I'm Faye, also known as fayelady_z
coldel replied to Fayelady_z's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Plenty on here seem to have won this t-shirt -
Who's Faye?
-
Yeah but thats called redline because the leading lady has a red line on her top...
-
How can this be? Will, possibly the most adversely opinionated, unreasonable, biased and aggressive person on the forum! Of course anyone who will have met the wooly hat wearing chap will know all the above is false - good work fella!
-
If you set the rev indicator to infinity, you can put your foot down in 1st gear and rev the car higher and higher forever right past that red line on the dash (although not sure what that red line is called, anyone know what its called?)... ...actually I am a 'newbie' on the Skyline forum, note to self to vet all questions before posting in case of 10 pages of ripping the michael out of me
-
...and a BGW
-
I know I went a bit off topic with supermarkets but... there is only so much space in the market and ASDA for example keep bleating how cheap they are and Poundshops do the same but as with anything you have to really know your prices and look closer some stuff is not that cheap and in ALDI's case a lot of things are being reduced in size to cover the slightly cheaper price. Anyway - we are not called treasure island for nothing in this country we are car mad and will pay whatever to get the coolest fastest etc cars we can, one up on the Jones's! Veering wildly off topic, part of my job is to research products for Sainsburys - so know the grocery market quite well. As far as I knew Aldis success is due to reduced supplier list, lower costs and thus maintaining margins despite selling at lower prices. Go into Tesco or the like you get more choice but pay a bit more for it. Treasure Island, are we!?
-
I'm getting worried about the high levels of knowledge on cars displayed by non car type people - there was me feeling all superior as I descried how the phalange joint multiplier integrated with the thrust vectoring torsion drive, and enjoying the look of awe I was getting. Now I realise they were just looking at me thinking what is this p****k talking about I know more about cars than him. Now running off to learn some really obscure fact about cars so I can feel superior again - will need to cross reference that with the "things you didn't know" thread in case you have read that as well. Somewhat ironically when it came to the red colour, all the girls noticed it on the 'cluster' - I wonder if any wanted it changed out for blue or their favourite colour or the like though (prepares for backlash! )
-
Shims will fix it - order some well worth the money. Also bedding in and copper grease.
-
Aldi are doing well because they fit a different subsegment of the grocery retailer market, that will soon saturate and they will find their plateau. Less about advertising and more about filling a gap in the market. You could argue Crossovers did the same thing, people didnt want big chunky 4x4, but a hatchback was too small, bingo. Nissan and Toyota are your Ford and Vauxhall for Japan really. A few RS Turbos and VXRs kicking around but generally they trawl the roads doing the mundane jobs. Maybe thats our gap in the market chaps, a sports car only manufacturer that sells around the 40k mark, cheaper than Porsche - oh, was that Lotus?!
-
Aye its been pretty harsh - but to have bought a sports car without knowing what a redline is (given the amount of movies, TV programmes in fact anything connected with cars seems to mention red lining it) is quite frankly just astonishing. I also did a straw poll in the office here with an equal mix of girls and guys most of whom dont own or dont car about cars and 100% knew what a red line was.
-
-
I still wouldn't say that is badge snobbery, more likely to do with perception of the Brand. Which is not that far off really, the majority of Nissan sales are of mundane crossovers, hatchbacks and the like. If you said you had bought a Ferrari I am sure they would have gone out looking for a sports car. I think in terms of badge snobbery, the GT-R will have changed the perception of Nissan with a lot of people. Whereas I am sure the Prius has solidified Toyota's perception of developing dull hatchbacks!
-
To be fair based on the text, the guy at no point said he was going to replace his 3 series with something like your car, simply said yours was nice and that he was thinking of replacing his 3 series Said to my wife last night that her new shoes were nice and that I should get a new pair, doesn't mean I want a pair of 2 inch heeled black stilettos Actually when I owned my zed I would say about 25% of people knew what the car was, clearly the people that stopped and stared didnt know what it was, because they were staring. Those that just glanced tended to have seen them before and know what they are - in fact my boss at a previous company bought one new when they first came out!
-
Its amazing how many people still quote the Clarkson Renault thing (which incidentally is totally incorrect, Renault used it in an Espace/Laguna but it is 100% bonafida Nissan Japanese engine) ... I assume you were joking?
-
Something is seriously wrong with this world!
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Exactly or at least get the surgeon to sew her flaps together to save the gene pool from future contamination No need for a Surgeon. Just put an Elasto Plast over it. their guaranteed to seal any crack in the skin. I think polyfill might be needed to fill such a big crack... Sent from the golf club... Weld it -
Something is seriously wrong with this world!
coldel replied to The Bounty Bar Kid's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Whilst people still tune into crap like Big Brother these will always be a forum for this sort of scum...PEOPLE STOP WATCHING IT so it dies like it should have done after series 1. -
Clutch went on my Zed, it was slipping, when we pulled it all out the flywheel was ruined. I had ordered a flywheel as advised also so it went straight in - problem is if you pay for the labour open it up and find a knackared flywheel you pay for it all again to put sorted for the flywheel once that has arrived.