-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
Quite fancy booking myself into the FoS Revival, anyone else thinking of going?
-
do what every one on here seems to do go to the zed shed and get buster to fix it :-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Just remember the doughnuts, don't go without doughnuts...
-
Well he has pulled the ad now - its the most bizarre ad I have seen in a while, I can't imagine that this guy believes what he has written? Its a 'flashy' car with stuff done to it, but in no shape or form is it a £20k car. Plenty of young lottery winners driving about in Ferraris and even younger lads on the Skyline forum who own GTRs - maybe he was just chancing his arm to see if someone would fall for it?
-
How so? A large number of owners always throws up a red flag for me. Maybe I'm being over suspicious but I'd ask myself why has it changed hands so often? Is there a problem, has one (or more) of the previous owners abused it? Pete Could be that, but could also be the type of car. Its not uncommon for a VX220 to have had 6+ previous owners even if its only done 40k miles, the type of car dictates that people buy them, use them sparingly and then move them on. I would expect the number of owners for 350z to start going up as well now that purchase costs are low as people buy then sell on (could be due to just wanting a fun car for the summer or that it was more expensive to run than they realised etc). Also, if the car has been traded in a few times that will in effect double the number of previous owners as the dealership will put their name down on the V5 to become an 'owner'. So something with 6 previous owners could well have had 3 dealers down as owners. I personally wouldn't be too put off by previous owner counts, I would be much more concerned if there was a lack of receipts of servicing work done. For my Skyline, I actually did some investigative work myself - I got the MoT history of the car and rang up all the garages listed on it, I also rang up the dealer that sold it to the owner I bought it off. All remembered it and were able to talk about work done on it etc which put my mind at ease if anything.
-
Stunning paintwork on that car, but as others have said, it wouldn't make it more than 200 yards down any road near me without scraping the hell out of it. I dont see slamming cars as particularly amazing, anyone can do it, the only people that do do it are those that have no interest in actually driving the thing if you ask me.
-
Cheers guys, she is off to TGM first thing tomorrow morning for the skirt repair So will be without until Saturday
-
Yes, your chance to own this piece of machinery. Ex-lottery winners car, that he couldnt get insured, so converted it to RWD and dropped a smaller engine in it. Apparently HKS have been all over it with £15ks worth of upgrades, £4ks worth of custom wheels etc and can beat anything on the road... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191112336609 Not sure if anyone should break it to him what he has is in fact an R34 GTT. I wonder if he seriously is just trying it on or actually bought it for silly money believing this story
-
Well been having a fettle this week, few bits and bobs added. Shiny stuff in the engine bay, brake fluid cover, various shiny caps, also got a universal aluminium cover for the air filter which worked surprisingly well! Also bought a JVC KD-R741 head unit and installed it, relatively cheap at £79 in the Halfords sale but for what I wanted (USB player and bluetooth) does the job admirably. Looking next for a full replacement bolt and washer set for the engine bay - then the big one, what to do with the rocker covers and spark cover on the engine. It tends to dominate the engine bay so decision is crucial! Could polish the rocker/cam covers and go for a red plug cover...decisions decisions
-
How to Smurfadise a Zed......**Yellow Brembos** P29
coldel replied to glrnet's topic in Member Build Projects
Good work Graham, can't wait to see/hear it! Bumper tuck makes a big difference - flash your bits man! -
Azure on the New Malden roundabout, I flashed, no reply! Silver zed outside lane of the M25 between junction 9 and 10
-
I guess I shouldnt mention vinyl wrap then Wrapping the rear strut was the cheapest vs most effective visual mod. Also some carbon wrap on the silver steering wheel parts makes it look v nice I also put black vinyl over the orange front reflectors. Cleaning materials? Some carpet cleaner to spruce up those tired floor mats/boot liner? I did buy some leather restorer, the seats looked stunning after leaving it on overnight, total cost was about £35 I think but made a huge difference to the look of the interior when you open the door.
-
Least the 95 ron isn't too expensive 95 ron *spit* - only put in super! I know, I am just being a pr!ck We need a smiley which does the 'whooocch tut' spit sound
-
Were all the cars standard? On similar tyres? Exactly the same skilled drivers? If you google it you see forums posts of Boxster drivers boasting about how they beat a 350z, and vice versa on more Nissan branded forums. Both are very closely matched in terms of stats, so doubt one would completely annihilate the other and it would be a close run thing, all things being equal.
-
Least the 95 ron isn't too expensive 95 ron *spit* - only put in super!
-
I know, the R33 does drink the juice...
-
Haha thats what I was expecting! Now, a race with an R33 would be good
-
I had to like that post...just because I can
-
I am not denying his experience, but from a point of view of gauging whether a car does this or does that you would be foolish to rely on the evidence of one person to form an opinion, regardless of their experience. You could give them more weight within a group of people commenting but I would not say categorically that a Porsche Boxster S is inferior to a Zed because he says so.
-
Not the video above, the one you mentioned about them racing the M3 etc round a track...
-
I am not a Porsche fan but it is a capable car from what I have heard. It hasn't aged well but the most recent edition does look stunning. The video you are referring to Will is one made in Japan where they raced them all, clearly driver skills have a lot to play as much as the cars but the Boxster in that race was the non S version so a 2.5 flat 6 and cannot compare to a Zed with a whole extra litre to play with, the S which is a 3.2 clearly puts it much more on par with the Zed. And yes, a roadster can handle, as someone mentioned if its built as a roadster then it will handle well, the best handling car on the road the Lotus Elise is a roadster... Matey boy in the garage remember is basing his entire conclusion on comparability on a sample of one, anyone else here when buying cars look at just one review or corroborate it with 20 others?
-
Not my cup of tea either, its feckin huge! So can you drive along the ceiling of the tunnel at Monaco now you have all that downforce
-
Yep that's the fella, now events manager at Croft I believe? Very nice chap helped me out with my VX220 purchase last year coming to check them out for me
-
I think we need a sticky in the exhaust section on these 'Infinity' ebay questions, we must get this at least once every few weeks and we go through the same process each time of spelling out the pros (price) and the cons (fit, poor quality, lack of customer service, warranty etc etc). The short answer really is that its technically unbranded i.e. you have never heard of them, its on ebay from an unknown seller, its about a third of the price of the next nearest competitor it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out its going to have problems.
-
R33 GTSTs come with a kind of over boost, it delivers boost in two stages so 0.5bar up to 4000 revs then something like 0.7bar after that - I think having it switchable means when stuck in traffic/around town your car is a bit more drivable on lower boost levels?
-
Stunning car, love it! Don't suppose you bumped into Mike in the red VX220 whilst running at TT?