Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. In future, take a photo of the tit, write down his reg number and post it up.
  2. Thanks Rich, actually have an extender as they didn't fit in the Focus either!
  3. Wasso did a STUNNING job on my zed, would happily recommend!
  4. Its exactly this - I dont mind the mileage, its a 17 year old car, it will have miles on it but I want to be able to explain the history of the car if and when I sell on. I do sell cars well, but its not a fluke, its because I am careful of what I buy in the first place. I have all the history of car now through a lot of phone calls this morning to many welsh people (have to say considering they were dealers and mot garages who are getting nothing out of speaking to me they were very helpful and willing to put the effort in trawling through paperwork - well done Swansea guys!) I have a good record of where its been and who owned it, not ideal but better than it was yesterday evening. Just looking forwards to getting it and giving her a nice run back up the 303 tomorrow morning...next stop, Halfords for a baby seat!
  5. NEVER forgotten Was looking for those pics the other day, thanks mate
  6. Good choice, not easy getting a kuro to shine up that well!
  7. Amazing what a few phone calls can achieve, been speaking to a number of Welsh mot centres and the dealer that sold the car to the current owner, all remember it well, also told me about the previous owner to the current owner. They imported the car and didnt switch it to miles as the buyer didnt want to. So it does sound like it sat on KM all that time. Phew!
  8. It has replacement interior, its GTR interior so can't use the butt wear method. I think I will still go for it, just wary that if and when I sell it on, that I will probably have to try and explain to any potential buyer what miles it has on it.
  9. Car has been in the country since 2006, it went through a garage called GLC in swansea who imported it for a customer. He had it until 2012 when he px'd/sold it back to the garage who then sold it to the current owner. So if the engine went bang after import, it would have done some time ago.
  10. Its got a custom ecu. Checking the car over, no rust, no leaks, looks in great shape and as I say the dyno had it running almost as well as it could unmodified. Might just take a chance...!
  11. It was a Bose from nearly ten years ago - and I would have thought in the interests in trimming costs they went for a bit of a lean one. I had the standard one in my Zed and sufficed nicely for what I wanted.
  12. I guess I have two scenarios in my head right now 1. That the car was running km's the whole time, the previous mot stations though just listed it as miles not km and the speedo was indeed changed as the selling garage stated, so all legit. 2. The car was imported, converted to miles, ran up to 132k then the selling garage back in 2012 got a 'friendly' mot tester to stick it down as km's. If its point one then it has a healthy 85k miles on it (quite good for a 17 year old car) or if point two its anywhere between 85k and 135k miles. He has a dyno print of it pulling 279bhp with just the intercooler added so the engine is sound, its just that peace of mind of what I am buying! I am going to call the previous mot testers tomorrow to see if they can help...
  13. Hey... As some may know I stuck down a deposit on an R33 to collect and pay in full on Saturday. The car has 135k on the clocks, the seller said he bought it from a garage with 132k on the clock but the car was still running in kilometres, as part of the purchase deal the garage converted the speedo to miles. it now has as I say 135k on the clock, so in effect about 85k miles. He even produced an MoT when he bought the car from the garage has 132k km on the mot certificate. I took all this as read, but something bothered me last night so I remembered about the mot check section on the DVLA site. I got the mot ref number from the seller and dropped it in, it shows correctly the mot cert from the garage as 132k km, but previous year 121k miles, before that 110k miles and so on. I guess my question now is, is it possible for MoT centres to write down miles mistakenly instead of KM? Or would the online system not record it correctly? Anyone used to dealing with imports who has any advice on this greatly appreciated... Col
  14. coldel

    GTR V-max

    Blimey, he looked a bit shaken for a while after holding that! Good skills though!
  15. Aye will do mate, its still with its current owner but I have my deposit down, just need to go pick it up on Saturday
  16. Welcome - and as a rule, always ask for parts on here first, any dealership will rob you blind.
  17. R33 Skyline I have no idea about FI and don't want to blow it up...so may well be bending yours and others ears at any future meets - the only FI I had prior was a 1.4 turbo diesel Corsa But stunning work on your car mate, can't wait to see it up close, Ace Cafe next meet I think?
  18. I love the way it was a case of dum-dee-dum, paint this, take out that, put this in, make an intake filter, bolt it in, ta-da! Takes me an hour to get a wheel off! Good skills there Darren very impressed! Someone needs to explain all this FI lark to me now that I have this turbo thing under the bonnet!
  19. Lets all vote for it then - brilliant that they used an example that would mean costing more
  20. DE tax vs HR tax as a point in case...same car, different tax bands.
  21. The last line in that is the key bit, simply that governments will milk us that's what they do. Even if you reduce tax on bikes, they still need the money, so will raise tax on petrol or other ways to cover it. You could also argue emissions based tax is unfair, that a car that drives 200 miles a year cause less damage, pollution etc than a car driving 10000 miles a year with half the CO2 output.
  22. coldel

    Next car?

    aaaaah haha ok I am going to blatently copy Lrfns car, looks stunning Just needs some good wheels, the ones on there are nice but I need ones that stick out a bit more and fill the arches.
  23. coldel

    Next car?

    I am confused!
  24. coldel

    Next car?

    I did go for a wander on my own when I first arrived and found myself wandering down 'smokers alley' which was a bizarre experience!
  25. coldel

    Next car?

    When I get a chance I will do something creative for sure! Was at a conference in Amsterdam most of last week and only just recovering...work eh!
×
×
  • Create New...