New owner, collected 350Z today

Hi everybody

New 350Z owner saying hello, return of Siman350z's old car to the forum.

2004 GT

Grey

Black leather, heated seats, Sat nav (pretty oldschool)

Nismo exhaust (rather nice, silent on cruise, no drone but a nice rumble on WOT)

cruise control

I flew down to London this morning and drove the car back up Scotland. Cruise control on even managed to get 34.9mpg average (probably for the first and last time). Biggest hiccup on the way back was working out how to open the fuel flap :lol:

Awful picture due to the light, but everybody likes pictures

357ezhi.jpg

No major plans for the car, but roughly

Service

Decats

Plenum spacer

DIY ported lower plenum

Uprev from dynatune

I have a pair of Recaro Speeds from my last car so will look at welding up some subfames to fit them for some more support and comfort.

I have bought another set of Rays wheels from Macky so I can have a spare set of wheels and tyres for track (next trackday is Knockhill at the start of next month)

Plan is to spend time driving this car and just enjoying it, my last car ended up spending most of its time sitting in my garage as I upgraded the turbo, fitted forged rods etc etc until I got sick of working on it and not driving it.

Long term I am tempted by a torsen rear diff, and superchargers look rather tempting, but that is scope creep already.

• Like 1

See you at Knockhill.

When are you next booked on?

Hi Andy, return of the car to the forum?

It never left the forum lol :-)

Anyway, good to meet you yesterday and I hope you have as much fun with the car as I did, it really is a good one.

Cheers

Michael

:lol: I didnt realise you were on here.

Thanks again for an honest, hassle free transaction :thumbs:

Spare wheels arrived (I am sure my girlfriend really wanted more car parts in the house :D )

14ak2yt.jpg

And a mate dropped off some seat sliders at work so I can look at getting the recaros in (ignore the retro centre section for now)

2nv9u1.jpg

I have managed to get out for a proper drive (the collection trip was all motorway miles) and am loving driving the car! Steering and handling is great, really nice linear power delivery.

Stock seats have to go though, just dont work for me.

Took the 350z for a run over the weekend and am now a bit more used to driving it. Took a while to stop putting it in 5th rather than 3rd when going to overtake from 6th :lol:

Went from Stirling to Fort William, Applecross, Torridan, Inverness, Loch Ness then back to Stirling, plus some other driving about in between.

A couple of pictures of the car at the top of the Applecross road;

2cgkgmr.jpg

2eoboex.jpg

Really enjoying the car as I get used to it, very tractable, nicely composed and reasonably quick, can overtake ok.

I need to take out the fuel senders and clean the contacts, also need new brake papds before track time.

Looking good! Will miss seeing it around St. Albans lol. I love my 370 but that 350 is something special ;)

I always wanted to do a road trip to Scotland and never did so good to know it'll get on some good roads up there.

Enjoy- and look after it!

Ps please 'charge it...and when you do I'll come out for a ride!

Edited by Siman350z