I need a V8 (AKA Porsche thread)

ATTAK Z

Better explanation but I have a straight 6 BMW that sounds just like a Skyline, and no 4G sounds better than a V10 R8, are you being serious?

Im sorry, but if youre saying all German cars are boring (M cars, AMG's and Porsches included I suppose?) and the Lamborghini V10 engine sounds "meh" then I can only guess you havent seen, driven or listened to them.

i worked for VAG and spent alot of time at the Milton Keynes HQ a few years back, maybe thats why i have no love for them seeing everything that went wrong with them

i didnt compare a 4g to a r8?

your 1 series sounds like a skyline standard?

Edited by StevoD

Better explanation but I have a straight 6 BMW that sounds just like a Skyline, and no 4G sounds better than a V10 R8, are you being serious?

Im sorry, but if youre saying all German cars are boring (M cars, AMG's and Porsches included I suppose?) and the Lamborghini V10 engine sounds "meh" then I can only guess you havent seen, driven or listened to them.

:yawn: ... and here he goes again

i worked for VAG and spent alot of time at the Milton Keynes HQ a few years back, maybe thats why i have no love for them seeing everything that went wrong with them

An Evo has a 4G63, you said you this is "yes" as compared to the Lambo V10 thats "meh", thats a comparison in my book.

And my 135 has a BMW sports exhaust on it and hi flow cats which I think are BM as well. Not standard on all 1 series but not aftermarket either.

@WINKJ - sorry mate, I thought this was a discussion board, where you have discussions? Im just asking Steve to tell me how a 2.0 4 cylinder sounds better than a 5.2 litre V10, or is that against the rules suddenly?

Prior to that I was discussing my own experience of driving the cars mentioned in this thread, or should I just delete that as well and instead make a few posts having a bit of a dig at other members but not actually adding anything to a thread, would that be better for you?

Edited by docwra

An Evo has a 4G63, you said you this is "yes" as compared to the Lambo V10 thats "meh", thats a comparison in my book.

And my 135 has a BMW sports exhaust on it and hi flow cats which I think are BM as well. Not standard on all 1 series but not aftermarket either.

@WINKJ - sorry mate, I thought this was a discussion board, where you have discussions? Im just asking Steve to tell me how a 2.0 4 cylinder sounds better than a 5.2 litre V10, or is that against the rules suddenly? Prior to that I was discussing my own experience of driving the cars mentioned in this thread, or should I reign that in as well?

sorry mate i didnt think it was that hard to figure out,most other people understand it, i have try to make it a bit most easier

Golf gti vs Evo i would take evo on sounds

Bmw 330i vs is300 i would take is300 on sound

Audi s4 vs mustang 5.0 i would take the mustang on sound

Audi r8 vs Lexus LFA i would take the LFA on sound

just out of curiousity did anyone get what i meant before

Edited by StevoD

I can see your point, most german exhaust notes are not as good as their Japanese equivalent...

what Stevo is trying to say is that a german 4cyl turbo sounds worse than a jap 4cyl turbo, and that a german V8 sounds worse than an American V8, and a German V10 sounds worse than a Japanese V10.

which I would probably agree with, to be honest!

although I suspect most german cars and engines are designed to be very smooth, and have very conservative exhausts - whereas jap cars and certainly American cars can get away with being a bit wilder.

• Like 2

@WINKJ - sorry mate, I thought this was a discussion board, where you have discussions? Im just asking Steve to tell me how a 2.0 4 cylinder sounds better than a 5.2 litre V10, or is that against the rules suddenly? Prior to that I was discussing my own experience of driving the cars mentioned in this thread, or should I reign that in as well?

sorry mate i didnt think it was that hard to figure out,most other people understand it, i have try to make it a bit most easier

come to think of it, im not sure two of your comparisons are fair... comparing an Audi S4 to a mustang, in fairness they are completely different cars! should compare an S4 to a buick or a Cadillac, and compare a mustang to, errrm... a wiesmann?

come to think of it, im not sure two of your comparisons are fair... comparing an Audi S4 to a mustang, in fairness they are completely different cars! should compare an S4 to a buick or a Cadillac, and compare a mustang to, errrm... a wiesmann?

im comparing sounds not the car :D

but ok

Audi s4 vs ford falcon 5.0 i would take the falcon on sound

just also to add im also not a fan of the GTR for the same reason, i think the auto boxes kill alot of the theater of sound,

Edited by StevoD

Now I got you, Id agree with all of that as well :)

TBf though, apart from the BMW/Lexus the cars on the left are generally mass produced and the right hand cars are a bit special, but I see where youre coming from :thumbs:

Sorry oh holy one full of all knowledge i forgot how your your opinion is the only right one

Have you actually heard a C63 on full chat? If youre telling me this is a boring monotonous sound then you need your hearing checked:

The first one is enough but thats 7 minutes if anyone fancies some background music :lol:

yea i have heard it its just not for me i think they sound the same all the time, like there is no character to them, its the same with all german engine noises if im honest

Turbo 4 cyl golf sounds meh

straight 6 bmw sounds meh

V8 audi sounds meh

R8 V10 sounds Meh

Turbo 4 cylinder wrx or evo yes

Straight 6 rb or jz yea

V8 Jag-f type 5.0 coyote infact most things american yes

LFA v10 yes

they have a character to me all the German stuff just sounds like a machine not saying there not good as engines and cars just the sounds dont appeal to me German cars don't just have any personalty to me you can give them a bit by throwing some mods on them, but then its like having friends who opens up when hes drunk, he great when hes had a few but after it he is still boring old dave

Does Dave know you feel this way?

• Like 2

Based on what I have been in or driven I would go C63, its just puts a smile on your face :) Although, I could be swayed by the M3 as its probably the best of the bunch imho, discounting the Mustang as never been in one, which is probably the same for everyone on here ; )

yeah, but its a hatchback with a 4 cyl turbo engine. don't care how fast it goes, at the end of the day, its a hatchback with two too few cylinders :p

I agree ... however good cars

only thing i dislike is the ipad glued to the dash i rather a screen built in

Agreed, that's a really ugly design feature but in fairness it's not only Merc doing it right now.

A45 I have nothing against in principle, but the exhaust is a little too shouty for my taste. Great when you're nailing it, but pootling around it lacks tone. It's not a car I'd ever consider, but I can see why people are buying them. Same as the Golf R, or any other premium sporty hatchback.

Agreed, that's a really ugly design feature but in fairness it's not only Merc doing it right now.

A45 I have nothing against in principle, but the exhaust is a little too shouty for my taste. Great when you're nailing it, but pootling around it lacks tone. It's not a car I'd ever consider, but I can see why people are buying them. Same as the Golf R, or any other premium sporty hatchback.

My mrs' mum owns the new golf r, it sounds pretty nice from the outside.

The new jags don't have ipad dashes. The new XE drove like a dream, would highly recommend one, they start at 24k for a basic one!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

quote "only thing i dislike is the ipad glued to the dash i rather a screen built in "

I asked about that - the response was it was for screen resolution and he agreed it was a marmite thing