I need a V8 (AKA Porsche thread)

ATTAK Z

M3 gets my vote. The new mustang will just attract the wrong attention and not be as good to drive, the Merc will no doubt be the most expensive to run (assuming cost is important) and the Audi, well, the RS6 got voted the most unreliable car in Britain by the 2015 Whatcar annual review.

In fact, as a company out of the 35 companies tested, Audi came 33rd, VW about 30th, Seat 11th and Skoda 4th. So out of all the "reliable, well built vags" only the Skoda beats it's "less reliable" Ford, Vauxhall, Renault and Citroen counter parts (I can't remember where Nissan came) Personally I think Audis are very nice in terms of build but this myth that they are engineered beyond the need for worry is just not true. Also, when compared with the M3 it's no where near as good to drive, they are front heavy and generate massive fun killing understeer (on the limit of course). I would still have one just for its image and noise, plus I haven't heard any horror stories for the RS4. But if it's a drivers car you want I think the M3 is very very hard to beat.

have you read any of the thread prior to posting this ?

From what I was told in the Ford dealer today, they are all sold out for this year, next batch comes in March so I believe. Also for £36k for a nice V8 mustang, you can't get much cheaper for a brand new car with that level of performance, and sound.

A C63 is more a GT bruiser IMO. The gearbox is lacking and so is the traction. Just a brute, which is great fun too!!

M3 would be more serious driving, like track/B road carver.

Again these are just my opinions, so take them with a size 12 full of salt ;)

Let us know what you decide, with PICS!!!

• 1 month later...

Email from son Number 1 in OZ

" I’ve driven with 650HP on the Proving Ground test track here and that’s pretty Wild. Sounded Awesome.

Herrod Performance over here are doing Tuning Packs with Ford Warranty included using Ford Performance Part , I think up to 550bhp with full Ford warranty. Shelby will probably have warranties but not heard officially. "

From what I was told in the Ford dealer today, they are all sold out for this year, next batch comes in March so I believe. Also for £36k for a nice V8 mustang, you can't get much cheaper for a brand new car with that level of performance, and sound.

A C63 is more a GT bruiser IMO. The gearbox is lacking and so is the traction. Just a brute, which is great fun too!!

M3 would be more serious driving, like track/B road carver.

Again these are just my opinions, so take them with a size 12 full of salt ;)

Let us know what you decide, with PICS!!!

IMG_1144_zpspnw5grqz.jpg

IMG_1120_zpsvie0cj8j.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My wheels were badly refurbed by a previous owner and were starting to peel so I've had them done properly in this colour

image_zpsdlfhm7nf.jpg

previous (almost) standard finish for comparison

IMG_1116_zpsxeozimdt.jpg

Comments from the 350Z massive welcome