Supra Forum

Grundy

Jeeeeeeeez how Nazi like is that forum!

Signed up yesterday to do the usual, Intro and make a post in the wanted section and send a PM.

NOPE!

Turns out, you have to pay £10 for a year or £30 for life time sub to be able to PM or post in the for sale section (I'm guessing there are other section you get access to as well)

Did my little intro thread (Hello I'm bla bla I own bla bla) Then included, looking for a 'insert spec' supra, so thought I'd sign up. Is this budget for this spec reason able etc'

Got a lot of positive feed back. Went to check my thread an hour later and poof it was gone.

Got an email basically saying, you broke the rules, pay up if you want to post stuff like that.

Such a pain the ass! The GF wants a Supra, so all I wanted to do was make a wanted post for anyone thinking of selling up soon.

I know a few people on here are ex Supra owners, just wanted to see your insight of that forum.

They could at least have a public wanted section...I can understand for sale items etc.

This is the mkiv club, I assume?

Yeah, got a fair few welcomes etc, just like this forum. All giving some nice advice on pricing etc.

But there was no obvious sign to say, can't include why i'm signing up to this forum :lol:

I only said what car I was on the hunt for, was a post like 'If anyone is thinking of selling up, please contact me etc'

Was just a simple, on the hunt for a bla bla bla, will make a separate wanted post shortly.

I hate everyone on that forum and a lot of them hate me :teeth: I had one guy threaten to beat me up after I decided to break the supra for parts :lol:

The GTROC are not much better, I managed to **** them off aswell with a hella flush GTR and footwell LEDs :lol:

• Like 3

One of the main criteria when Chesterfield set this place up. Its free so there isnt a two tier membership. Rules are needed but must be imposed for the benefit of the members. We also dont like agressive or abusive posts as it discourages people from getting involved.

You lot are pretty easy to moderate though. ;):)

• Like 3

One of the main criteria when Chesterfield set this place up. Its free so there isnt a two tier membership. Rules are needed but must be imposed for the benefit of the members. We also dont like agressive or abusive posts as it discourages people from getting involved.

By the same token we charge on SXOC as its allowed us to buy equipment including a van, marquees, pro spec barbeques and the like and to put on much bigger events (this year we are hiring Rockingham for a weekend, Ill be putting some info up on here a bit later).

What you cant be doing is taking that money and using it to pay staff or offset their fees, to provide sponsorship for a favoured member or just to make it disappear and then run off when you get asked about it. Yes, all three of those have happened. :scare:

I honestly don't mind the paying a yearly fee etc. £10 is hardly breaking the bank for a year :lol:

It's just the fact I couldn't post a wanted add.

Wanted add helps a seller on the forum sell their car, and if I buy a car from there, I'm more than likely going to sub.

VX Forum was pretty rem aggressive when it wanted to be - people on there were a lot of track guys so if you were not doing that you were not really involved. When I dared to say VXs were more expensive than I thought they would be I was abused to high heaven and had numerous people call me a troll etc - oh look, I bought one, I was the bigger man and didn't point that out when I bought my car.

The 300x forum is pay as well for PMs - I ended up paying £20 to PM someone for a really promising car (it turned out to be a write off which he forgot to mention on the ad) so ended up £20 out of pocket without actually buying a 300zx

Celia Owners Club is £20 a year also, mind you do get a membership pack of goodies, although I won't see this for another 4 months as they are so far behind on sending them out. When I asked if I could have a reduced fee and forget the membership pack I was met with a wall of silence.

It is all a little 'grey' though - all these paid forums don't seem to offer anything over say this one in terms of events or extras for example (as Docwra rightly said it can't go on staff fees) I would like to see where the money is going. I have pretty heard stories from credible sources about money being used inappropriately which is sad to hear.

• Like 2

I've had some pretty negative experiences with the Supra forum when I was on the GT4oc.net. Once someone advertised their GT4 on there to see if anyone was interested and all they could do was question the power output and the dyno print outs. Claiming that the power "wasn't very impressive" and that " you lose too much power through the 4 wheel drive system". They basically destroyed his ad to the point that no one was going to buy it since they had shat on it so enthusiastically when all the seller wanted to do was see if anyone was interested. A polite "no" would've sufficed but oh no.... they had to highlight how great their Supras were by crapping on someone else's car. Pretty poor show.

• Like 1

Feeling the luv in the room :wiggle:

I WAS personal friends of some people who owned a pretty successful all marques forum and they used to charge companies £500 a year to be traders. Membership was free although you could pay £10 a year to be a "premium" member which meant you got a membership card, a pretty poor t-shirt, a different avatar and you could post in the "premium" members section. Funnily enough only about 2 people out of 5000 odd members took the offer up. The forum went downhill when facebook groups started to take over as there wasn't the knowledge to help with problems like a specific owners forum. Went super downhill when it turned out they weren't working and were using forum money to have a great life and were claiming unemployment benefits too...

Mazdarotary club forum was a paid up thing, but you did feel part of a club more than just access to a forum, news letters, membership packs, certain perks etc As a paid member you also got to see for sale adds before non members so it had it benefits. They were very tight on forum etiquette and ignoring rules and mods were often slandered for over moderating, hence why fduk was set up, but that went completely the other way and was like a bun fight, every man for himself and pretty much say what you want, the mods only got involved when people made physical threats, it was very very rare for a thread to be taken down or locked.