Supra Forum

Grundy

I WAS personal friends of some people who owned a pretty successful all marques forum and they used to charge companies £500 a year to be traders. Membership was free although you could pay £10 a year to be a "premium" member which meant you got a membership card, a pretty poor t-shirt, a different avatar and you could post in the "premium" members section. Funnily enough only about 2 people out of 5000 odd members took the offer up. The forum went downhill when facebook groups started to take over as there wasn't the knowledge to help with problems like a specific owners forum. Went super downhill when it turned out they weren't working and were using forum money to have a great life and were claiming unemployment benefits too...

did these people like Freestyler?

I WAS personal friends of some people who owned a pretty successful all marques forum and they used to charge companies £500 a year to be traders. Membership was free although you could pay £10 a year to be a "premium" member which meant you got a membership card, a pretty poor t-shirt, a different avatar and you could post in the "premium" members section. Funnily enough only about 2 people out of 5000 odd members took the offer up. The forum went downhill when facebook groups started to take over as there wasn't the knowledge to help with problems like a specific owners forum. Went super downhill when it turned out they weren't working and were using forum money to have a great life and were claiming unemployment benefits too...

did these people like Freestyler?

They did indeed!! :lol:

• Like 1

All forums have their err quirks, I have been a member of several forums including the Supra forum, they can be a little off, and there are some that are very intolerant, I think its a case of you have to fit in, I had some very harsh responses when I first joined 10 years ago, and have seen the same happen to others.

• Like 1

The people on the Supra forum (And the US version) are very sensitive souls :lol:

There was one guy in the US who was seething at me having the nerve to put a 2JZ into a 350Z and another who couldn't understand how I could use the 2JZ after hating my Supra :lol:

As for the UK forum, they are the tightest people I have ever come across and the majority of the forum all want to follow one person.

The people on the Supra forum (And the US version) are very sensitive souls :lol:

There was one guy in the US who was seething at me having the nerve to put a 2JZ into a 350Z and another who couldn't understand how I could use the 2JZ after hating my Supra :lol:

As for the UK forum, they are the tightest people I have ever come across and the majority of the forum all want to follow one person.

guessing the muppit didn't realise the 2jz was available in lots of other cars than his precision supra

guessing the muppit didn't realise the 2jz was available in lots of other cars than his precision supra

Don't get picky about Supras....or I have to remind you where the VQ engine came from. ;):p:stir::lol:

Don't get picky about Supras....or I have to remind you where the VQ engine came from. ;):p:stir::lol:

a nissan people carrier haha

Nissan_Elgrand_E50_001.JPG

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

:nono: :nono: :nono: VQ engine was developed by Nissan way before it was used in any renaults.

Let me guess, Mr Clarkson taught you that the 350z engine was made by renault #TopGearTaughtMeEverythingIDontKnowAboutCars

:nono: :nono: :nono: VQ engine was developed by Nissan way before it was used in any renaults.

Let me guess, Mr Clarkson taught you that the 350z engine was made by renault #TopGearTaughtMeEverythingIDontKnowAboutCars

this made me laugh people at trax walking past going shame they don't know there cars have Renault engines

Interesting Fact Renaultsport Clio 172/182/197 shares its platform with the micra and cube

Edited by StevoD

this made me laugh people at trax walking past going shame they don't know there cars have Renault engines

Interesting Fact Renaultsport Clio 172/182/197 shares its platform with the micra and cube

There's a few car "facts" which irritate me, most of them are comments made on top gear which are plain wrong, however because 90% of the people who watch(ed?) it know basically nothing about cars they believe it. The other main one is "New Ford Mustangs still have leaf springs on the rear" no. no they don't.

Edited by AliveBoy

The whole idea of forum superiority is laughable though. Supra owners who laugh at Celicas as being underpowered etc (not biting or being bitter honest!) just really miss the point that people buy cars for what they are and love them because of what they do for them. Yes a supra 3 litre twin turbo is going to be fast than a 2 litre turbo - but then by that reasoning, if I supercharged my VX220 am I then allowed to go on there and tell them how their outdated, heavy, straight-line bullies are so prehistoric they need putting down?

Unfortunately some people get so precious about their marque - sometimes you get individuals but sometimes it emanates from an entire forum. Have to say the reason I keep posting on here and have left many other forums behind is that generally its so accepting of a plastic posh guy living in lurverly Richmond-upon-thames (but is actually from a council estate in Dagenham) without prejudice :lol:

Well, I never knew that.

Makes you wonder why the Micra is such a POS to drive then.

Renault did a better job with it than nissan i guess lol

I don't think there is anyone here that nieave. :yawn: and who is Clarkson :dry:

The VQ engine made its debut as a humble 2lt in this,

1988-1990_Nissan_Cefiro_(A31)_sedan_03.jpg

I don't think there is anyone here that nieave. :yawn: and who is Clarkson :dry:

The VQ engine made its debut as a humble 2lt in this,

1988-1990_Nissan_Cefiro_(A31)_sedan_03.jpg

Few! You're forgiven, and I ask for forgiveness :lol:

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...