Wheeled Detailing Stool **NOW A GROUP BUY**post 37 for details

Stutopia

Anyone got one? As the years catch up and I get lazier, I'm getting bored of crouching when working on the lower parts of the car, particularly when holding the DA or cleaning the seats. Has anyone got/used/seen an adjustable stool, with the kind of wheels that will go over a roughish concrete back yard surface? Maybe even a little storage tray?

Links would be good and naturally I'm expecting some photos of wheelchairs and products with Stannah emblazoned on them :lol:

You've basically got two options for a "detailing" stool; this kind or the creeper kind.

The former is more adjustable between certain heights, the later is less adjustable but over a greater range of height. Roughish concrete might be an issue for either/both though. You're probably better off looking for mechanic/DIY oriented varieties rather than the detailing centric market, but I'll admit that I've not investigated that at all so there might not be much more on offer.

• Like 3

Look what you've done now Stu, you ask one innocent question and it costs everyone money... :lol:

Might be worth asking Slim's about a group buy. ;)

Group buy for the win! Can one of the grown ups organise, Graham???? ;)

Look what you've done now Stu, you ask one innocent question and it costs everyone money... :lol:

Might be worth asking Slim's about a group buy. ;)

On it like a bonnet, emailed them, we'll see what happens come Monday I guess :)
  • Like 5

You posted the links Matt!!!!

Just as I was thinking about it...

On it like a bonnet, emailed them, we'll see what happens come Monday I guess :)

...Graham saves me the effort. :lol:

They do state this in their FAQ;

I'm in a car club and I want me and all my buddies to get a good deal from you.

Ok, we have options here. Slim's Rewards allows members to sign up & share points (discounts) between each other. You've also got kick backs for recommending new members & a whole list of options so that you and your club can always maintain a discounted rate.

Speaking of which, if you really want to thank me for the original links, I'd be ever so appreciative if you could sign up to Slim's via this link when you go ahead (don't worry it's just my "referral link", nothing dodgy I promise!) or alternatively you could use my referral code (which is obscenely long) as follows; ajhtbDBDL0l6Nnd3dTREWlkzd0hyblN4aE9SaStLUXE3WDNobnRkeHFCYz0=

Although if the group buy goes ahead, perhaps Graham might like you use his referral instead (you'll need to sign up first Graham, so feel free to use mine to do that :teeth: ) and he can benefit from the effort he will be putting into that. ;)