Modifications on Insurance

ZeppoJeff

So just phoned my insurance to get a quote for when I get the new bumpers and respray on the car and they are telling me that they can't insure me for this...I mean seriously!!!

Anyone recommend where to go or what to do.

I've been driving for years and only have some minor points on my license now but due to the last car being insured in the exam name this is me starting from 0 years no claims again.

Any advice would be handy

I am with flux direct who allow you to declare up to 5 mods which will be covered. Just the case of prioritising. I have got my chargespeed rear bumper, ARK Grip exhaust, side skirts, Rota Gtr's and Mines lip all covered.

Edited by Payco

Admiral also don't actually cover mods (over a total of £500) but will gladly charge you a premium do (not) do so...

If the bumpers and paint aren't urgent, and I suspect they're not, just wait until renewal and move insurers who will cover you.

If you're going to declare the mods and swap insurance companies give Adrian Flux a try. Very pleased with my insurance from them. :thumbs:

^^ What he said - we're both supercharged and multi-modded - Adrian Flux has been fine about all declarations :#1: PM Dan @ flux on here for a hook up :thumbs:

Also say you get respray for example black but slightly darker or lighter should you say anything to insurers?

No. Colour changes are required to be notified to the DVLA for alteration on the V5C though, and that includes wraps.

Insurers may well offer you insurance if you're modified, but check that you're covered for the value of them[i/]. This is arguably more important than anything, as you may have £10K worth of mods including wheels, bodykits, leather retrim, turbochargers etc, all of which counts for nothing when you have an accident and end up with just enough money to purchase a bone stock 350Z. The cheapest price is not always the best price.

• Like 1

Insurers may well offer you insurance if you're modified, but check that you're covered for the value of them[i/]. This is arguably more important than anything, as you may have £10K worth of mods including wheels, bodykits, leather retrim, turbochargers etc, all of which counts for nothing when you have an accident and end up with just enough money to purchase a bone stock 350Z. The cheapest price is not always the best price.

This is what I was getting at. Admiral will only pay out a maximum of £500 to cover ALL modifications, but only if you take out modification cover with the policy otherwise they will pay out a grand total of knack all. But they will load your premium regardless.

This is what I was getting at. Admiral will only pay out a maximum of £500 to cover ALL modifications, but only if you take out modification cover with the policy otherwise they will pay out a grand total of knack all. But they will load your premium regardless.

Really :blush: , i wasn't aware of that, will have to have another look at my policy!

Adrian flux insure me. Other people who promised to "quote me happy" and some other top names refused to insure me!

I declared every single mod which is roof wrap in vinyl, power flow exhaust and the newer model led rear lights.

Quote how a company can refuse to quote on that, I don't have a clue.

Been with AF for 2 years now. Beat my renewal quote both times, have the lowest overall excess and allow me to drive other vehicles. Well worth a call, just don't use the online quote tool astou will get crazily high prices!