New Member Looking for a 350z

Hello All!

I have just signed up as I am looking to get myself a 350z in the very near future. I have just reluctantly sold my Peugeot 205 GTI which i had fitted the mi16 engine to, I loved the car but unfortunately rust got the better of her! I spend probably far to much time and money on my 205 but at the end of the day it was time that I ran out of as i have recently bought my 1st house.

I am currently driving a 2001 Audi S3 which is good fun but just seems to be missing something! I have liked the look of the 350z for a good few years now so I'm thinking why not!

I will now start reading through the forum to find out what to look for when viewing them but any advise would be greatly appreciated! My main question is how are they for head room? I'm 6'3" which meant the 205 was snug for headroom and I went and looked at a Mazda RX8 (don't ask why) which left my head pinned to the roof!

Finally my budget! i have up to £5k to send, is this a realistic budget to get a good one? Looking round this seems to be the lower end so am I likely to run into problems?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi and :welcome: along

My brother is 6'6" and very wide and he fits in my zed, only just may I add though!!

You're budget is pretty low and you will be looking at older models or higher mileage, that's not to say they're bad though, it's more about how they've been looked after. I bought mine for a little more than that (not much more) and I've had no issues at all, others haven't had the same luck. Be patient and the right one will come along :thumbs:

Will370z can give you a personal view on headroom :)

£5k isnt much for a zed, as you said you are bottom end of the scale, have a good look at the buyers guide on here and also a few threads where people have bought £5k cars and the problems that followed so you know what you are potentially letting yourself in for. I would also make sure you have a slush fund outside of the purchase cost, 4000 miles after buying mine the clutch went so had to fork out £850 straight away on a clutch kit and flywheel, consumables on these cars are not cheap.

There are zeds out there within your budget, it will just require a lot of looking around, phoning and asking questions.

There are 2 posted up on the facebook group

"For sale or swap japanese cars or japanese spares" (a mouthful I know)

Thanks for the welcome and advice so far! I am spending my bank holiday Monday viewing a couple, one has the beginning of some rust which i think will put me off! Is rust a common problem on these? It has a bit along the front of the bonnet and the rear arch.

The other one I'm looking at is quite high mileage at 117,000 but does have a full service history, how cautious should I be of high mileage zeds?

Thanks for the welcome and advice so far! I am spending my bank holiday Monday viewing a couple, one has the beginning of some rust which i think will put me off! Is rust a common problem on these? It has a bit along the front of the bonnet and the rear arch.

The other one I'm looking at is quite high mileage at 117,000 but does have a full service history, how cautious should I be of high mileage zeds?

I personally wouldn't be overly concerned, it's a fairly lazy engine with a somewhat low specific output - Plus at motorway cruising speed in 6th the engine is only doing about 2.5k rpm. So higher mileage examples wouldn't worry me engine-wise, there's some guys in the states with twice that.

Edited by RyanT

Had mine for three years +, on 89 now touch wood never had a problem, like the above post lazy engine as long as it has service history they are very reliable motors, good luck with the search, i personally would always tend to buy from an owners club member, i always think they have been mollycoddled and well looked after, just my opinion of course, mine will be in the for sale section within next two weeks, once its up ill post a link mate

• 1 month later...