New wheels fitted.

zebedy

After taking much thought on style, what I was going to do with the car mod wise etc I finally opted for these. So glad now I went with 20,s.

What do you guys think?? Do you reckon she needs to be dropped slightly?????

DSC_0842_zpsnd7uaa8q.jpg

DSC_0843_zpstrjqpzbw.jpg

DSC_0848_zps2gckkp52.jpg

DSC_0845_zpsfxf5ll2l.jpg

DSC_0846_zpsrup9k7pj.jpg

Any comments welcomed good or bad. Remember I've still got the amuse kit to put so hope it will all gel together at the end. I was going for ford RS green originally but now I'm going for gunmetal and black. The gold bolts and brembos may change colour too at some point.

• Like 1

My first impression was I don't like them. But with a colour change, lowered and a full kit I think it could work

I don't think the fact it's a roadster helps, especially with the roof up. Always thought the lines of the zed were ruined by the soft top

LOL ok guys like I said, its not for every one as I hate all volks wheels. :blush: My car my taste and I love em and why conform to what others are doing. The tyres were put on just to get the car through its MOT as part of the package as they are cheap. These will be changed for better ones once I have the funds.

• Like 3

The tyres were put on just to get the car through its MOT as part of the package as they are cheap. These will be changed for better ones once I have the funds.

Package? Please don't tell me they're the same size all round...

Also, what happens when you bin the car because you put crap tyres on it to save a few quid?

I'm not hating on you fella, in fact I admire you for having the balls to put up a thread and invite the negative comments as well as the positive (too many people moan about that IMHO, so good on you) but I hate to see people risking their P&J for the sake of a couple of quid when they've just spent a small fortune on it. What wheels are they, and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Ekona they are not the same size all round. 9 front and 10.5 rears. Tyres are fine as i travel 4 moles a day to work. Thats it. So i have no issue with them. Why say i have balls. Why the hell would i want to turn up in a meet with 30 other zeds all wearing volks or rotas??? Not for me. Also whats the price of the wheels gotto do with anything?? I bought them using the budget that i planned to mod my car my way. You "did" have a car im asuming which was bog standard by the looks of you avatar. You have nothing positive to say about anyones thread on here. Not sure why. Maybe its because you no longer have one. Ill end this here with just to say its my car not yours and i can do what the hell i like to it. I value all your opinions but they are just that...opinions. Im not into what you are and things that float my boat are not yours like keeping faithfull to car as it was made.

• Like 2

I think if you change the wheel colour to Graphite or Black they will not be so in your face. Lowering the car too will also help. :)

Theres a genuine reason for the polished spokes option. They do these in mat black which i like alot. My thinking was ill buy the polished option and if i dont like,i cant paint them graphite or black like you say. If i had bought the black option i would have not known what the polished option would have looked like. Hope it makes sense. Lol

My first impression was I don't like them. But with a colour change, lowered and a full kit I think it could work

I don't think the fact it's a roadster helps, especially with the roof up. Always thought the lines of the zed were ruined by the soft top

I have all that ready to put on. These wheels are just the first step of the overall deal. I cannot do it all in one hit financially like some on here can.

I have all that ready to put on. These wheels are just the first step of the overall deal. I cannot do it all in one hit financially like some on here can.

Don't worry, I got called out for putting my wing on before wheels, body kit, bumper, suspension etc :lol:

The haters will always hate. I have absolutly no issue or problem with anyone on here. And if they voice they opinions then hey ho so what. Its just a bloody forum in which the majority is living in a Virtual life.

Ekona they are not the same size all round. 9 front and 10.5 rears. Tyres are fine as i travel 4 moles a day to work. Thats it. So i have no issue with them. Why say i have balls. Why the hell would i want to turn up in a meet with 30 other zeds all wearing volks or rotas??? Not for me. Also whats the price of the wheels gotto do with anything?? I bought them using the budget that i planned to mod my car my way. You "did" have a car im asuming which was bog standard by the looks of you avatar. You have nothing positive to say about anyones thread on here. Not sure why. Maybe its because you no longer have one. Ill end this here with just to say its my car not yours and i can do what the hell i like to it. I value all your opinions but they are just that...opinions. Im not into what you are and things that float my boat are not yours like keeping faithfull to car as it was made.

I think you completely missed the point of what I wrote.

1. I wasn't questioning the size of the wheels, I was questioning the size of the tyres. When you mention package, this normally means you end up with the same size TYRES all round, which on the Zed leads to some decidedly dodgy handling traits. I wanted to make sure that you weren't putting undue risk on yourself.

2. Price has everything to do with the above point. If you spent £2000 on wheels then another £500 (likely less than that, given you wouldn't be paying for crap tyres) is peanuts into making the most of your purchase. As I said, what's the point having nice wheels if you skip off the surface and kerb them? 4 miles or 4 hundred miles a day, it matters not a jot when you have to avoid someone else being a knob.

3. My car was not bog standard, although granted it was close to that in that photo. I had extensive work carried out on the suspension, some bits under the bonnet, some ICE stuff, re-coated wheels, and bloody good tyres too. There's a thread on here where I detailed what mods I did and their effects, feel free to have a read through.

4. I have plenty of positive things to say about cars on here! People like you just choose to ignore them though. Of course you can do what you like, which is precisely why I was paying you a compliment by asking for opinions good AND bad. However, you decided to take that the wrong way and have now slithered back into the crowd of people who don't like to be told when they've made their car uglier. Now that's fine, as I've always said as long as the owner likes it that's all that matters, but don't get shirty just because you get an opinion you don't agree with.

Blimey, some people really can get narky when someone's trying to both help guide them as well as paying them a compliment. Next time I shall just state they're fugly and not offer any positive points. Sheesh!

• Like 1