What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

The Crew is one of them games that you have to play for a while to get into it. Yes the car physics are pish, but its an arcade racer, the graphics arent that bad imo. But the size of the map is just incredible, spent an hour just constantly driving with a mate to get to one side of the map to the other, with snowy mountains, fog, day and night, deserts, the bonneville salt flats different citys....... And thats less than half the map ive done. Its a fun game, but you just need a bit of patience to get into it.

I got Pro Evo for PS4 and absolutely love it, yeah it's not as pretty as FIFA and they don't have the licenses for player names and kits like FIFA but for gameplay and involvement it wipes the floor with FIFA. I have had the last 2 FIFA games because Pro Evo lost its way a bit and always felt like I wasn't fully in control of the game whereas Pro Evo you can control players runs etc and scoring a goal is a very satisfying feeling rather than just learning the easy ways to score in FIFA and doing the same thing over and over again

Currently playing "The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct". A game based loosely around the TV series.

I'm really enjoying it even though the graphics aren't the best. It's just a good old FPS game really. ;)

Question for the PS4 owners ~ do you have to pay to play online games?

Just wondering as that's one of the main reasons why I have stayed with the PS3 (for the free online gaming) but would love to get a PS4 in the future providing the online side of things is still free.

Thanks to anyone who can answer that. :thumbs:

Im not sure if its out yet but they're bringing out a thing called Ps+ where you have to pay to play online. Everything else is free. Not too sure how much the subscription is but im sure somone with more knowledge will be able to tell you :)

It's not free on the PS4. You must have PS+ to play online.

See this is what I had heard.

I don't do a lot of online gaming anymore but do occasionally like the odd game of COD still so paying a yearly subscription just to play a few hours here & there seems a bit frustrating.

Still free on the PS3 so think I'll stick with it for now. :thumbs:

It's a bargain for what you get, I have it and I don't even use my PS3 anymore! :lol:

Yeah but you can't really get more of a bargain than free can you?! :shrug::teeth:

Think I'll wait anyway as the PS4 have already come down in price a lot plus now it's out the secondhand PS3 games market is great. Seeing lot's of good games that I've never played going cheap. ;)

PS+ is much better than XBL for free games, but XBL is much more robust for online gaming. Horses for courses, no right/wrong answer as to which is 'better'. :)

Depends what you define as robust, yes there were 2 issues where updates caused problems but I have never lost a connection when logged in and gaming :shrug:

Look at the downtime over the years, and the hacking stuff, and the speed of updates on issues.

The update issues on the PS4 are relatively minor hiccups affecting one game, there have been far bigger problems with PSN than that. I don't think there's much argument to be had that XBL is more stable, but then so it should be seeing as how MS have always charged for it. Sony will get there though, and that's the point at which MS will have to start giving more things away with XBL to compete :thumbs:

• Like 1

Comms on the PS3 were appalling.

No party chat either, only game chat, which sucked.

No sure if they've addressed any of those issues on the new system but surely they must have.

Personally, when it comes to the online console service question I don't think you can look beyond the Microsoft service for the best experience. Possibly because of the cost or probably because it's Microsoft and they have a bit of experience in that field.

Got Far Cry 4 yesterday on the Xbone for free, thanks Ubisoft! :yahoo:

Not played it yet, will give it a whirl over Christmas.

Let me know what you think, the OH has asked what game is like for Christmas and this is the only one I'm considering.

I completed GTA V story and strangers & freaks missions last night.

Still have a few of the drug drops (plane and car) missins for Trevor, parachute for F as well as UFO parts.

On the look out for Far Cry 4 dropping in price as I think I'll pick that up next. FC3 got a bit tedious for me with all the crafting but i did really enjoy it up until the point where you had to collect quite rare stuff to continue.

The crafting element is still there in FC4 and then to get the top level craft items you need to go on Fashion Show Missions (no joke)

Yeah I thought they were it just got tedious when you would have to spend several hours looking for rare flowers or animals to get the necessary items. That said I was well into the game by this point and had my monies worth so I'm happy to spend some cash on FC4 :)