REMAPPING

nissanjuke

dynatune who are doing my brakes today,is a father and son company,and they have even guaranteed the remap,if you do not like it,bring car back within 30days and I will personally refund your money.He is also looking at the uprev system at present. :)

Listen to Grundy, he really knows his stuff, well except engines, wheels, bodykits and a few other areas of motoring :lol:

On a serious note, the usual way to quantify some power gains is via Dyno runs. Is this something they can do? Can they provide a detailed list with what parameters their tune change? Can they disclose what method / software they're using? As others have said before UpRev is the most known / proven tuning software. Personally, I'd steer away of anything else for this platform, except in crazy FI builds where standalone ECUs can do the job a lot better, see Syvecs, Haltech etc

dynatune who are doing my brakes today,is a father and son company,and they have even guaranteed the remap,if you do not like it,bring car back within 30days and I will personally refund your money.He is also looking at the uprev system at present. :)

Well as long as they guarantee your money back direct - the complaint I saw on the google search was that the guarantee sits with Evolution who refused so the fitters refused as they didn't want the money to come from their business so that was that.

I think go for it - be good to see a review as long as you don't mind running that small risk of ruining the cars engine which an ECU can quite easily do. Also make sure they do before and after dyno runs.

he is just looking at other stuff just now,I have booked my car in for june,mot and remap ,will let you know how I get on.Spoke to his father,and he said they definately honour the 30day back money guarantee,Anybody got any concerns,just phone Chris at dynatune,number on previous post.He did my brakes today ,no complaints. :teeth::D

Spoke to his father,and he said they definately honour the 30day back money guarantee

As a self confessed cynic, can I just point out that this equates to "man trying to sell me something said what I wanted to hear". I'm not saying he/they won't honour it - or that you'll even ever need to find out - but just because someone says something, it doesn't make it true.

As I say, hopefully you'll never need to test his word, but unless you've got it in writing then there's absolutely nothing stopping him from just denying making any such statement and leaving you out in the cold when push comes to shove. Good luck with it though, I genuinely hope my cynicism is proven to be unfounded in this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is an interesting topic

As Nissanjuke has explained, we are a dealer for Evolution chips. Why would a tuning company become a dealer for someone else and use their maps?

Simple really, although I've been tuning cars for years, I have been using after market systems which put everything into clear and simple tables of what values change which parameter, when it comes to the decription of OEM ECU's all of the interfaces provide you with is thousands of lines of hexadecimal code with no markers, no axis' or it is shown as peaks and troughs in a line graph. I am a mechanic/engine calibrator, not a software engineer.

I can't comment on what has happened with other Evolution dealers and their customers, as with any dealership each shop has it's own way of working and sets of circumstances, as it stands we have never had one customer return and ask to use the 30 day money back guarantee.

Why would we look into becoming an Uprev pro-tuner when we have the facility to tune Z's already?

As it is stated, the modifications to the files are generic and although they can be customised to suit requests it's a lot of down time and data logging rather than live custom tuning which is available using the Uprev interface. We have our own Dynapack DAQ5 hub dyno which allows us complete control over cars when they are being data logged/tuned in solid state or dynamic cycles.

As there is clearly a demand for Uprev north of the border we recently returned into discussions with Uprev and are now Scotland's first Uprev pro-tuner.

Edited by Chris@Dyna.Tune
  • Like 5

As Nissanjuke has explained, we are a dealer for Evolution chips. Why would a tuning company become a dealer for someone else and use their maps?

Simple really, although I've been tuning cars for years, I have been using after market systems which put everything into clear and simple tables of what values change which parameter, when it comes to the decription of OEM ECU's all of the interfaces provide you with is thousands of lines of hexadecimal code with no markers, no axis' or it is shown as peaks and troughs in a line graph. I am a mechanic/engine calibrator, not a software engineer.

I can't comment on what has happened with other Evolution dealers and their customers, as with any dealership each shop has it's own way of working and sets of circumstances, as it stands we have never had one customer return and ask to use the 30 day money back guarantee.

Why would we look into becoming an Uprev pro-tuner when we have the facility to tune Z's already?

As it is stated, the modifications to the files are generic and although they can be customised to suit requests it's a lot of down time and data logging rather than live custom tuning which is available using the Uprev interface. We have our own Dynapack DAQ5 hub dyno which allows us complete control over cars when they are being data logged/tuned in solid state or dynamic cycles.

As there is clearly a demand for Uprev north of the border we recently returned into discussions with Uprev and are now Scotland's first Uprev pro-tuner.

So with a map from you what sort of gains are we looking at on average?

When I fitted a new exhaust and filter to my R1 all I needed to do to get everything running properly was plug in a PowerCommander and tell it what mods I had... Why can't it be this easy with a Z? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also goes over my head, i had an Apexi ecu in my Rx7, all i needed to pay was the mapper and time spent on the dyno when i made any changes, even the first map after going to single turbo only cost circa £275, i have never understood why it costs so much when tuners have the software.

Every car is different so there's no one hard fast rule, the Evolution Chips map is a generic modification formula that's used which is why we've invested in becoming an Uprev pro-tuner. Even with this you can't give an average gain as each car is different, you could have one with a blown gasket and your average drops, is that a true representation of gains?

Jetpilot, the reason you pay ' so much' to get a car mapped is the same reason you pay ' so much' for a wedding photographer or a performer to perform at an event or show

Jetpilot, the reason you pay ' so much' to get a car mapped is the same reason you pay ' so much' for a wedding photographer or a performer to perform at an event or show

I didnt ask why mapping was expensive, as i have never found it to be, i asked why Uprev is so expensive?

Sorry my post wasnt clear.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Welcome Dynotune, great to see somebody being able to offer uprev up here. I have both an uprev on the standard ECU but now run a haltech piggyback ECU. Have you got much experience tuning in Nitrous? I have a couple of issues that I need to get sorted.

I'll post again on your trader thread, welcome to the club mate.

10-20bhp

• Like 1

I didnt ask why mapping was expensive, as i have never found it to be, i asked why Uprev is so expensive?

Sorry my post wasnt clear.

That does make a lot more sense, Uprev is more expensive because of the licence fee, the same as ECUTEK which is more common in the UK. As I said in my post I can't understand hexadecimal and so I need an interface, this is what Uprev have developed.

If you think of it like Windows on a computer, software developers use Linux or something else which is free or you can pay for a Windows licence and you have a nice user friendly interface.

The licence fee is Uprev reclaiming their research and development costs and earning a crust on top.

10-20bhp

This. Its not a lot, you get a 'feeling' that the car is quicker and more responsive but hey placebo and all that.

Most of us slapped on an exhaust etc to make the car sound better, the uprev is a nice icing on the cake, as discussed in another thread though is it actually worth it? Well its up to the individual to decide whether £350+ is worth the extra 5% power you get on average. Tuning NAs is not a cheap thing to do for the return you get.

• Like 1

So how much SHOULD it cost to get a re-tune, if I've already got an uprev? - So license already paid for, been mapped before, just added some more mods and wanted another tune.

So I'm guessing all I'd need is a couple of dyno runs.

This is a generic question aimed at everyone :)

I think its been argued already that Matt, what do they charge, £40 an hour on the dyno or something?

I dont think the argument is whether the uprev licence is worth the money, its whether adding 5% onto your bhp count is worth £350+ isnt it? And even then you usually have to have spent a sizeable lump on exhaust, breathing, spacer etc.

I think its been argued already that Matt, what do they charge, £40 an hour on the dyno or something?

I dont think the argument is whether the uprev licence is worth the money, its whether adding 5% onto your bhp count is worth £350+ isnt it? And even then you usually have to have spent a sizeable lump on exhaust, breathing, spacer etc.

I was just going off topic :lol: as I got quoted £300 for a retune :/

£40 sounds very, very reasonable, where is that? Common practice in the UpRev world in UK is £100/hr for Dyno time.

I was just going off topic :lol: as I got quoted £300 for a retune :/

That is ridiculous when it took 20 minutes to map your car the first time? Sure at £100/hr the most they should charge you is an hour if they book it out in hour blocks? Why would it take 3 hours to map an NA car with exhaust/induction mods.

• Like 1