REMAPPING

nissanjuke

That is ridiculous when it took 20 minutes to map your car the first time? Sure at £100/hr the most they should charge you is an hour if they book it out in hour blocks? Why would it take 3 hours to map an NA car with exhaust/induction mods.

Where was that, what tuning company?

That is ridiculous when it took 20 minutes to map your car the first time? Sure at £100/hr the most they should charge you is an hour if they book it out in hour blocks? Why would it take 3 hours to map an NA car with exhaust/induction mods.

Where was that, what tuning company?

Horsham was my initial map - Normal price which I wasn't bothered about, as it includes license.

But I wanted a retune for new engine/headers.

But don't fancy paying £300 for another 30-60min dyno session :lol:

None of the tuners will carry building on a tune, from what I remember you need the original ROM file created by them to be able to modify parameters and re-upload in your ECU. They all start from fresh / base map, unless you're going back to Jez which has your ROM file. Why don't you go back to Horsham?

Edited by octet@TORQEN

None of the tuners will carry building on a tune, from what I remember you need the original ROM file created by them to be able to modify parameters and re-upload in your ECU. They all start from fresh / base map, unless you're going back to Jez which has your ROM file. Why don't you go back to Horsham?

Was going to, but I was still quoted same price though.

... Uprev is more expensive because of the licence fee, the same as ECUTEK which is more common in the UK.

The licence fee is Uprev reclaiming their research and development costs and earning a crust on top.

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum!

How much is the UpRev license cost?

Hi Octet, at the current exchange rate the license cost is $300USD which works out at just a shade under £240, usually this will be rounded up to £250 to cover admin and hope the exchange rate doesn't cause them to need to raise the prices.

10-20bhp

This. Its not a lot, you get a 'feeling' that the car is quicker and more responsive but hey placebo and all that.

It's not really a placebo effect when you compare the two graphs, what you'll find that although you gain 10-20bhp peak figures at the top end the gains in the mid range and low down is what makes it feel quicker and more responsive.

• Like 1

Hi Octet, at the current exchange rate the license cost is $300USD which works out at just a shade under £240

So every time you map a car you have to pay this?

Shouldn't be - 1st time should be £250 + Dyno time. So it's usually £400.

But I've been quoted £300 for just dyno usage from other companies for a second tune, which is just OTT for me :lol:

Hi Octet, at the current exchange rate the license cost is $300USD which works out at just a shade under £240

Shouldn't be - 1st time should be £250 + Dyno time. So it's usually £400.

But I've been quoted £300 for just dyno usage from other companies for a second tune, which is just OTT for me :lol:

I personally think when remapping a NA engine you really should view it as more of a health check and smooth running engine , whatever you gain in bhp/ftlb is a bonus .

Would i spend £300 on making sure i was getting the best from my mods and that the engine was running at its best ? yes i would

• Like 1

This is on my list of things to do. couple of other things to do first .I'm not even thinking about bhp increases more about optimum performance of the engine . I believe that the ecu in standard form only gives 80% throttle in first second and third gear I would like my butterfly to open 100% in all gears .eny idea how much this would be in total

This is on my list of things to do. couple of other things to do first .I'm not even thinking about bhp increases more about optimum performance of the engine . I believe that the ecu in standard form only gives 80% throttle in first second and third gear I would like my butterfly to open 100% in all gears .eny idea how much this would be in total

no you get 100% in every gear but just throttle sensativty in the first 3 gears is different

no you get 100% in every gear but just throttle sensativty in the first 3 gears is different

cheers bud .what I would like is the engine to rev out quicker in second gear especially will uprev achieve this.

I went to tdi north last week, £405 I was impressed how little I had lost on a 2005 100k de engine.

honestly I cant really tell much improvement in performance but idle is lower, fuel consumption (journey up vs journey back, same route and journey time) improved 15%, eml is now off, exhaust appears to drone slightly less (cobra with sports cats)

with my driving I never expected to notice any significant performance gains, I have no intention of tracking the car, just enjoying it on some lovely roads.

was it worth it? Well that is always subjective, I knew the cost and was prepared to pay it, each to their own.

• Like 1

Every time I get a standard Z I need to use a licence to let me use Uprev to tune the car, if the car already has a licence on the ECU then the fee has been paid and the only cost to the customer is what I charge, it's not free money tho as it appears, there are other costs involved in running a dyno, 3-phase fans etc chew through electricity, water to cool the dyno is another cost too, rent, rates, taxes, wages etc etc. Once you break down the numbers there isn't a huge amount left at the end

Edited by Chris@Dyna.Tune

cheers bud .what I would like is the engine to rev out quicker in second gear especially will uprev achieve this.

The revving out of the engine is directly related to a few things but mainly it's down to bhp, so long as there's no issues with the car causing the lack of power then suitable modifications and a map to suit will help

With the uprev it may feel a bit more free flowing through the gears , but that's the mapping not a massive increase in bhp . To get the car pulling quicker in 2nd gear or any gear either requires alot more bhp / ftlb or possibly different gearing through your final drive ratios . I'm no expert , but this is my understanding and ill be happy to be corrected from a more knowledgable person .

The revving out of the engine is directly related to a few things but mainly it's down to bhp, so long as there's no issues with the car causing the lack of power then suitable modifications and a map to suit will help

Car runs spot on mate . I'm well happy the way it is pulling better in second would be a bonus.

I guess the license fee seems ok when the cars were new or newish, but not to me these days imho.

I fully appreciate dyno time and costs, over heads etc Seems very unfair to the mapper. Cant believe a computer expert somewhere couldnt figure out this code in about 2 seconds and offer some software for a minimal outlay, how come its only Uprev available?

Racing clutch, single mass flywheel & an upRev ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On this occasion the power isn't what causes it to take ages to go through 2nd gear- it's the gear ratio. If you want it to go through the gears quicker, the best mod you can do is go for a shorter final drive

Yep the clutch is on the list .only problem is I don't fancy clutch chater that people report after fitting single mass flywheels .

Just fitted one and it seems very very minimal to me, obviously not as quiet as a dual mass, but all depends what your used to i guess.