I hate some people!!!

MCook

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!111

A lorry was parked on the opposite side of the road to me, half on the road half on the pavement, my side clear so I had right of way.

I was clearly coming down at about 20mph, passed the cab of the lorry, then this absolute melt of a woman in a civic decides to keep coming, absolutely no room at all for 2 cars to pass.

Had a nice high curb on my left, to avoid this melt I had to sacrifice my pristine alloys. Next second there is a thud and some scrapping.

I stopped in shock, absolutely booted my foot to the floor in neutral to let the melt know I am rather pi**ed off, she just stares at me, I left in a rage, now I am sad :byebye: :byebye:

Edited by MCook

So why did you go right if you had right of way as I'd have expected the truck to be on your right.

If you were on the right hand side of the road on a two way stretch as your post suggests you must give way to oncoming traffic. Not saying she was in the right but it sounds like you were on her side of the road.

Edit: I see you've edited your post. I was confused and now understand your frustration :(

Edited by Fodder

So why did you go right if you had right of way as I'd have expected the truck to be on your right.

If you were on the right hand side of the road on a two way stretch as your post suggests you must give way to oncoming traffic. Not saying she was in the right but it sounds like you were on her side of the road.

Edited, curb was on my left :blush:

• Like 1

Any time there's a situation like that I just stop the car to avoid exactly what happened.

At least they can be repaired bud :thumbs:

Easy to say but in that split second the risk of a scuffed wheel seems better than a full on ding and the brain takes over....

There are a few roads where I know it gets tight with high curbing on one side, my automatic response is to just slow right down and if a big car\lorry is coming I stop. As I've done it a few times I'm wary of tight spaces just in case, if you're mentally aware of it, I believe it takes part of the reaction time right down as with anything... (imho)

Hate it when stuff like this happens. Happened to me the other week in town- no room to get past and was my right of way so I just stopped and held my hands up in disbelief as can't understand why the car coming towards me would keep driving as no room to pass. They ended up reversing back up the road :lol:

• Like 1

Feel for you :( had a similar situation myself last summer I had to mount the kerb as some dopey cow decided she wasn't going to give way after I got halfway along a line of cars parked on the RH side, ended up gouging a lump out of my tyre and got a nasty scuff on my alloy, it was either jump up the kerb or have this tw@t in her £500 nail right off my front end, got out to have a word and she sped off :scare: absolute morons on the road at times really boils my pi$$ :angry:

Edited by tatooandy67

That sucks.......I do feel sometimes that other drivers expect you to stop, swerve or reverse because the car looks more expensive than it really is ! My Z is 12 years old.....but the Z shape still looks modern and slick :). Some drivers seem to have a bit of an attitude when it comes to cars that look the part.......sadly !

I feel for you mate. Sorry that your wheels are damaged. Hopefully you can sort it.

Earlier today an idiot driver who parked next to me nearly hit my zed when he open his door to get in! Lucky I was parked far enough to avoid the wide open door. Of cause I gave the 'stare' before I enter my car.

That sucks.......I do feel sometimes that other drivers expect you to stop, swerve or reverse because the car looks more expensive than it really is ! My Z is 12 years old.....but the Z shape still looks modern and slick :). Some drivers seem to have a bit of an attitude when it comes to cars that look the part.......sadly !

I'm not sure about that. I've noticed that if I'm driving the comparatively big wide Z people seem to be more deferential when it comes to giving way etc than when im in my other half's Aygo. Thing is though I'm nearly always the one who gives way in the Z in 50/50 situations because I think it's the best way to avoid a scrape.

Edited by sipar69

That sucks. Had this happen to me but with an ambulance everyone was spreading to the sides on both lanes so it could fit down the middle but unlucky me i had to stop on the curved part of the road and tried to creep slowly but ambulance couldnt fit. Ended up going up the huge curb and chipped/scratched about a quarter of my wheel :(

Good thing it wasnt in the 350z but still just bought those alloys for my other car gutted.