GT-Four

coldel

Toyota badge is bolted on and leaves holes of removed. So if badged next step is to remove spray and reinstall - bit of a ball ache but you are right it's all or nothing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got the roof wrapped gloss black, cracking job by our resident forum wrapper Zippypooz did a great job on it. Proper perfectionist. Also went fully black on the rear badges. Looking very nice now much better than the satin black I had...

IMG_5255_zps4kxbi33n.jpg

• Like 2

Had the day off today, once the sun again went behind the house I could do some work on the car, bodywork was red hot! So she got her usual wash and clean, I also took off the slam panel and wrapped it (using my newly acquired wrapping skills when observing Zippypooz last week!) in black chrome. I also got another panel to cover the left side of the engine bay which is quite untidy and wrapped that also with the same material. The car is really getting there now, its been 18 months of little jobs every weekend almost and sourcing really hard to find parts, but its really getting there. Well happy. Have a video walkaround and will post up later on when back indoors (in the pub at the moment!) on reliable wifi...anyway some teasers...

IMG_5385_zps0slgmkeg.jpg

IMG_5379_zps6hebjoyo.jpg

IMG_5380_zps9kq1hht0.jpg

IMG_5391_zpspiau8dxn.jpg

IMG_5377_zpsehpyn32q.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Col, awesome looking Four you've got there!

Quick one, in your sig you mention you've got braided brake hoses, did you fit these yourself or were they already on the car? I'm in the process of refurbing the calipers on my ST205 and deciding whether or not to do the hoses as well. Due to the Fig8 design of the front suspension I haven't been able to find anyone who does actual 'GT-Four' braided lines, they're all just a standard length which are no use at all! Seems my only option at the moment is to remove them and see if I can get a fabricator to make me up some custom ones.

They were already on the car, I am not sure what brand they are (yes my bad, I should know all the parts brands on the car) but I think the previous owner got them from TCB. All the work and maintenance was done by Martin King at MKAutos so am very confident in the workmanship on it. You could also try drop a mail to GT4-Play see what they can recommend?

It really depends on which one you came up against. Mine is boggo standard with no boost work, so running standard boost at 0.9bar but has had a panel filter and replacement exhaust put on which on the dyno put me at 281bhp which given the kerbweight of a GT4 is around 120kgs less than a zed makes it more than capable of tagging along with a Zed convoy :)

Its quite common though to have gone stage 1 which means FMIC, boost controller and winding up the boost to around 1.1bar which puts you in 330bhp territory - if you come up against one of these then you might be struggling a bit on the b roads. The next stage is forging and turbo/ECU switches which sticks them up and over 400bhp.

All in 4WD :teeth:

• Like 1

Its quite common though to have gone stage 1 which means FMIC, boost controller and winding up the boost to around 1.1bar which puts you in 330bhp territory - if you come up against one of these then you might be struggling a bit on the b roads. The next stage is forging and turbo/ECU switches which sticks them up and over 400bhp.

Are the Celica 3SGTE's much different to MR2's? to get 330bhp?

My old Rev3 MR2 was pushed to 1.1bar via EBC, exhaust, intake and SMIC. I made 307bhp.

The general consensus is any more than 1.1bar and you are pushing the stock internals. 300-310 was about what you would get on a good engine, others just under 300.