GT-Four

coldel

I believe the intercoolers were different on the MR2s (top mount ones) you often get MR2 owners trying to buy them when Celica owners upgrade. They make a big difference to the power potential. But you are right some cars will go to 310 some higher, general consensus is 330 max on internals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just read through the whole post Colin, you've really taken the GT4 on a fair bit since NC500 meet, really loving your car mate :thumbs: . Just my opinion but I would be vexing every minute parking that up on the street every night, I'd be having some serious physical anti theft on that machine ( an automated gattlin gun for starters lol). Also lovin the roof spoiler and wrap work, looks brilliant, and finally you need to change your mind about Hoon 2017, I need to see this in the metal again :p

Already booked in two holidays already Bri, a third might be pushing it financially! I think the missus and I are planning to head into Europe next year as well in the GT-Four.

But yes parked up on the street, its not that bad (touches wood) as we are in a reasonably nice area and near the end of the dead end road so no through traffic/people. Its just a function of living quite central in London, few people have drives/garages.

The roof spoiler is a factory option, it was on there when I bought it (just as well as they are only available used now at £250 and upwards) and been scouting ebay and the like since and found a few more factory parts like the chrome kick plates.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just sorting out this week some work to change the front bumper...in the meantime decided as the car is stationary today a good time to clean the K&N filter.

Got it out and looked a bit grim...

IMG_6805_zpsomzvmfel.jpg

Bought the recharge kit, has a cleaner fluid and oil. First up cleaner fluid, leave on for ten mins then rinse through, halfway through rinsing you could see the difference already the rinsed side compared to non rinsed...

IMG_6806_zpsto31qvfs.jpg

Then nicely re-oiled ready to go back in the car :)

IMG_6808_zpskvagmj14.jpg

A simple job done, sure thats good for +10bhp ;)

Cheers, went easy on the oil, a nominal layer on turbo side and normal amount other side. Allowed it to wick through. For some reason these are £60 a go for Celicas so well worth recharging them rather than tossing them away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, mine is much better looking, although it hides it well that Supra has a V8 under the bonnet :scare:

Having a V8 in it I bet it sounds fantastic but the owner should maybe look at getting some larger alloys, ...the gap around the front wheel ruins how it looks imho.

Looks in great condition though. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Supra is wearing one of very few aggressive front bumpers that don't ruin it, I like it, but I also like OEM+ with a lip too. The cheap, small wheels and fogged headlights on it ruin it in that picture, but I want to believe its only got those on while in the shop (the wheels). Why doesn't he change the headlights??

And I much prefer the new bumper on coldel's GT4, it was more rally before, now it's more 'GT'. So naturally, it's going to appeal more to those who like the splitter look, such as me! :) I bet the profile looks much better now, much more aggressive. Got before and after side profile shots 'del?

Edited by Aashenfox