Flare???

Bobby D

Flares have a relatively short shelf life - if you don't intend to use it I would try to get a dummy one if you are looking for the JDM effect. Mine didn't come with a flare and I don't feel a burning need to get one ( no pun intended!) Also make sure you don't get the Schermuly type. Most chandelry shops sell them but tbh if I had a accident and the car caught fire I would rest easier knowing there wasn't a minor explosive inside.

Its not illegal to have one but they are subject to misuse laws under Maritime law. I think they are illegal in large gatherings of people so Footy matches springs to mind, the Galatasary fans popped a few last trip to the Emirates and that didn't go down well

• Like 1

Bobby D- Thought I had a couple lying around from my last couple of JDM cars, will have a look tonight and PM you if you want them? (pretty sure I chucked them out but not 100% so will check just in case)

In the bin? ...

• Like 1

Couple I've just found for sale on eBay for you Bobby. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rare-jdm-flare-with-window-striker-built-in-skyline-evo-civic-integra-/281607903544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4191239938

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japanese-Car-Flare-JDM-Supra-Celica-350Z-Skyline-Subaru-RX8-Civic-/301539904226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46352dcae2

I used to have one in my JDM Impreza, ...tbh they're rubbish. Seen another fellow Scooby owner set his off & it wasn't all that impressive plus most will be out of date by now so the likely hood of them working correctly is on the decrease.

I am sure if the Japanese had problems with "explosives" being in their cars, they wouldnt put them in there in the first place ;)

It's a good job there aren't any explosive devices in cars designed specifically to detonate upon impact. Especially into the occupants faces. For example. ;)

As a more serious guess do you mean these?

Also now on the 370 Nismos.

Nope, he genuinely means a flare that american cops put down on road side accidents at night etc. A lot of JDM cars have these depending on whether or not they were removed from the 'flare' holder pre imported.