I'm in need of an air rifle

ioneabee

You know what i would do in your situation. sit there one day, watch the little crow barstewards clean one of their cars for 7 hours straight, full cut polish and wax... then wait for the right time, about 10 mins after he's completed it, taken several photos, told his mates to come over and take a look, then take a large watery @*!# on the top and bonnet. then just walk away like yo, you shouldnt have parked it there in the first place.

It stopped me parking under a certain tree lol, it might stop them infesting in your place!

• Like 1

There's many factors at play here. For a start Crows and Magpies have few if any predators. They are too big for cats, owls,other birds of prey and too smart for foxes and dogs. They have been known to force buzzards to the ground then set upon them in fact hardly a day goes by without us seeing an aerial battle between Buzzards and Crows. They are long lived birds too and can live as long as 20 years in the wild and 40 in captivity. Then there's our wasteful lifestyle which encourages Crows, Magpies and certain types of Gulls to live close to us. In the middle ages Magpies were fairly rare and mainly confined to the countryside. Today, they're a common site in towns, back gardens, in fact anywhere where people live. Our lifestyle has also seen a massive decline in songbirds for example Thrushes were once everyday visitors to our garden now we're lucky to see 3 or 4 a year, same goes for Tree Sparrows which is more like one visit every 4 years and I haven't seen a single starling here since 1981. Many small birds also fall victim to Crows, Magpies and to a lesser extent Jays. Raven numbers are also increasing quite rapidly and although like Rooks we don't see them around here they could become an even bigger menace, I mean these things are massive :scare: .

If we are to restrict them to where they belong then we need to change our lifestyle otherwise their numbers will continue to increase causing us more problems. At the end of the day though, yeah, they're a menace but I'd rather have a few Crows hanging around than a bunch of hoodies.

Pete

If you want a more humane solution but want to vent your anger at the same time why not go all guns blazing Rambo style... War paint, ripped clothes, red headband, doing your best Stallone impression..... with some cap guns :lol:

Not got a problem with crows but just had to go buy a mouse trap after having to get up twice during the night with the house alarm going off. All looked fine until on the second time I saw a tail hanging down from a tool rack near to the sensor in the garage. A little grey mouse then appeared and promptly disappeared back amongst all the shelving and stuff.