I'm in need of an air rifle

ioneabee

If this is genuine might be the answer - guess you might have access to a laser in your line of work ;)

Well that's a coincidence!!! One of the neighbours I mentioned earlier in the tree pruning post tried this, yes it scares them off but it doesn't stop them coming back. When birds find a good place to roost/nest they are hard to get rid of.

If this is genuine might be the answer - guess you might have access to a laser in your line of work ;)

Well that's a coincidence!!! One of the neighbours I mentioned earlier in the tree pruning post tried this, yes it scares them off but it doesn't stop them coming back. When birds find a good place to roost/nest they are hard to get rid of.

Don't you kinda feel though that whatever you use some PC bod or tree/animal hugger will find some way to take exception. :doh:

• Like 1

I suspect will is now just getting silly :p

Seriously..Now here is something to consider, but don't know how much it costs.. :thumbs:

http://portek.co.uk/...em/laserstrike/

Keep up Will, see Colin's post (No. 28) ;)

I know but it didn't say where you could get it from, anyway

I got bored half way through the u tube vid, and went to find some serious bird scare's. ;)

• Like 1

Another idea is to delimit the perimeter of your house and garden with some IS black flags, also paint one on your roof. Surely you get helicopters patrolling your area and troops on the ground, that should help getting rid of the birds and also free security and protection of your house, no need for CCTV or alarm anymore! :lol:

• Like 3

Seems cruel to kill them just because they're annoying you. Please at least try a more humane solution before resorting to that.

gonna try the lasers and some form of hawk type bird scarer

Edited by ioneabee

Good stuff. Hope that works. I can understand it must be a complete pain but hopefully you can sort it without bringing in the artillery. :)

You could always give him your cat on a loaner to sort them out? Haha

My fat, lazy, soft coward of a cat would be no match for a clever crow. :)

Good stuff. Hope that works. I can understand it must be a complete pain but hopefully you can sort it without bringing in the artillery. :)

Might help distract him from the crows though while he rubs the cats belly. Prrrfect. :teeth:

• Like 1

If you think its inhumane to kill a crow, you've never seen the aftermath of what they do to a helpless new born lamb. They eat the eyes first, and then rip its tounge out and eat that too. Oh and when it then starves to death slowly they'll start eating it alive. This also happens to any poorly/old livestock that cant defend itself.

I've never known any of our cats tackle a Crow or a Magpie/Jay/Jackdaw for that matter. Cats have an excellent sense of what is and what isn't prey and they will happily hunt down a wood pigeon which is somewhat larger than a Jay or a Jackdaw (One of them caught a fully grown male Pheasant a few years ago :scare: ) Anyway, all birds, their nests and eggs are protected under wildlife laws but certain species can be culled with a license if they are causing a threat to health. Generally speaking this would mainly be farmers, local authorities or pest control officers.

Pete

• Like 2

If you think its inhumane to kill a crow, you've never seen the aftermath of what they do to a helpless new born lamb. They eat the eyes first, and then rip its tounge out and eat that too. Oh and when it then starves to death slowly they'll start eating it alive. This also happens to any poorly/old livestock that cant defend itself.

I've lived in the countryside and I'm well aware that crows have a predatory side (as do many animals, acting on instinct, including dogs and cats) but yes I think it would be humane to try to find a solution that doesn't involve killing them if possible.

Edited by sipar69