Anyone planning any road trips this summer?

sasha@lazytrips

As some of you know, I'm a big road trip fan. Recently I've relaunched the core platform for a site I ran some time ago for fellow road trip lovers. Still in early stages of the relaunch, there are a few road trip itinerary ideas already on there - all built up from personally going on these trips myself and including some of my favourite spots.

The website is here: Lazy Trips

A couple of great road trips for you to use as ideas for a summer road trip:

Spain road trip down the Mediterranean coast

Italy road trip through amazing cities of the north

Still working on fixing some old structural issues, but coming in the next few months:

• Reopening user accounts
  • Ability to make personal road trip plans and itineraries and share these with friends and family
  • Loads of information on sights, cities, and anything travel-related!

I'll post updates as they come! Hoping this will be useful for some fellow road trip enthusiasts on here!

Nothing international for us ( I too like to fly and fry on the beach all day ) but we have 3 nights down in Torquay booked with a night in Gloucestershire on the way down followed by 5 nights in St Austell and then back via a night in Basildon and then probably Gainsborough end of July to look forward to in the Zed.

Nurburgring for the first time with the G/F :)

She sounds like a keeper lol. I wouldnt put my other half through it and I think it would stop me enjoying it as much If i felt responsible for someone else. Hard to explain but Its the same when i give lifts to other people I suddenly switch to patient chaffeur mode without realising!

I've just booked my summer euro tour, Lincoln to Cologne in a day starting on a Thursday, 3 nights city break including 1 day at the Nurburgring then finish off with Sunday at the Belgium Grand Prix moving on to 1 night in Brussels before coming home Monday. I've estimated this to be a 1300 mile round trip with countless tanks of fuel lol.

Got my annual trip to the Nurburgring in May, cannot wait! Fourth year on the trot now, this'll be the second time in the Zed.

Keep an eye out for a black z-it has a numberplate that looks a little out of place at this circuit;)

• Like 1

I'm doing 10 days in Spain this year , the Pyrenees , hopefully the bull run then maybe into Andorra. Been through the Pyrenees many times but never get bored of it, I'm doing this on my motorbike again though .

Currently planning road trip Scandinavia for April. Thinking one or two weeks, trying to get up to the arctic circle and Atlantic road and that I'll probably not take the Zed - think they get snow from time to time up there. I noticed Hertz have some Porsche Macans knocking about...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just working on the last road trip plan for September which will either be the second trip to the Pyrenees or the Black Forest.

Kicking off in April with a week club tour to Monte Carlo

May, a trip to Scotland to visit friends but taking the family car as the roads up there are nothing exciting.

June, a two week trip to the Pyrenees.