Clutch Noise ? when in neutral

Sethyd

Hi,

really new to this forum and 350z's. Just wondered if anyone knows exactly what the noise is on my 350z. When I'm in neutral without foot on clutch I have a bearing type noise, it's not really loud but disappointing. I have only just got it and today drove it hard, ever since this noise has been there. Noise disappears when I push clutch in. Gears work well no slipping etc. I still have warranty as just got it, so wondered if firstly the garage would do anything about it secondly how long will it last / is it a big problem. Is there a quick fix or is this the release bearing ? Car is a 56 plate with only 39,000 MLs, will it get worse and is there anything I can do now or do I wait until clutch packs up? Very frustrating as car drives so well etc.

Any help / advise would be much appreciated

If you can, find another zed (good chance for a little impromptu meet) and listen to see if it sounds the same or get one of the members from here to listen. I think you will find it will sound the same.

I thought as you did that something was wrong as the noise was unnerving. When I depressed the clutch the noise went, when up there seems to be lots of chatter. but then I found it was one of the characteristics of the car and that they all did it. Just make sure it is that and not something more serious.

Thanks!

The noise sounds like metal rubbing or something spinning and when I turn the engine off the noise comes to a stop too. The car sounds great, drives well no gear slip etc just this rumble type noise when clutch is out?

Just wondering if it's a slippery down slope to clutch going completely, or will it go on like this for ages. Garage might say car is fine but worried I should be trying to get this sorted on warranty ??

If you want to set your mind at rest take a high quality video and put it up so we can hear it clearly but if its what we all think it is, its just part of the MANY noises the Z makes lol Foot on the clutch it should go away, but even when its off it shouldn't be 'that' loud. :thumbs: (makes me wonder without this forum or others advice how many poor people have been shafted from garages with big bills for that).

As long as the clutch feels ok and no issues engaging gears etc

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1