TopGear

Jetpilot

It wasn't the best episode they have ever done but usually the first one of the series is always a bit rubbish.

From the preview at the start of the show then it should have some decent cars in.

Didn't see a 2015 mustang though :(

its true

would i rather a

professional driver from rallyX and drifting,

a Motor sport commentator with links to the illest brand and is very passionate about custom/modified cars be it hotrods or vws

and a comedian

Build cars out of stuff like mx5 golfs and 200sx/300zx

over

3 old car jurnos

building cars out of triumph heralds volvo 940 and old alfas

Yea i would

I can watch all that on youtube though, and other programs. I quite like watching 3 bumbeling idiots going on road trips doing random stuff. It has changed over the years, but imo who would listen to a review Jeremy Clarkson did of a car anyway? ;)

Each to their own though I guess!

I guess if you remember the days when TG used to review cars, before YT or Drive or anything else existed, and you remember that Clarkson was quite good at it, then you'll be more than a little peeved with what the show has become.

if you don't remember those days, and turned up to the party when TG became all about the slapstick humour and impressive camera work, you'll wonder why everyone keeps moaning about it.

• Like 1

It wasn't the best episode they have ever done but usually the first one of the series is always a bit rubbish.

From the preview at the start of the show then it should have some decent cars in.

Didn't see a 2015 mustang though :(

This is true :(

Also wasn't anything on the filming of when they were at Japfest last year.

• Like 1

The review on the hurrican was ok. I actually love the look of it and they say it's lost its wild side, I'd say that's a good thing & that it'll sell all the better for it. I've driven two lambo's on track & for my limited abilities the only thing I thought that made themfeel mad was their ridiculously agricultural gearboxes. I'd buy one if I had a spare £180,000. Six years ago a car like this would haves cost around £130,000. Prices for performance cars on this level are mad nowadays!

That makes no sense! :lol:

What bit do you not agree with? Broadly speaking, it used to focus on the cars and the driving experience a lot more, but now it focuses on the set pieces and editing in the main.

Things change though, it used to be more about reviewing cars, yes. But then it started changing and they started doing specials, challenges ect and I still enjoy it. Ive never looked at topgear in a factual way. If I want to find out about cars, I'll use the internet, if I want to be entertained for an hour I'll watch Topgear. Not sure how else to explain myself lol

wait, are you comparing the new format of top gear (ie studio format with Clarkson, May and Hammond) with the original top gear from 30 years ago? I thought you were saying that they should go back to earlier series of the current format, but do you want them to go all the way back to the way the show was in the 80s?!?

I guess if you remember the days when TG used to review cars

you'll wonder why everyone keeps moaning about it.

I remember those days, but enjoy the show for what it is now and not "everyone" moans about it, it is what it is and is never going to be what it was, hardly like its a sudden new format, its been like this for years :surrender:

If it was that bad nobody would be talking about it...

Some of the most popular shows on TV are I'm A Celebrity, X Factor and Strictly. Doesn't make them good just because people are talking about them, or because they're pulling the viewers in. ;)

I like the way they do things, some shows are boring some are entertaining. Its about everything tied in, locations, some comedy, some stupidity and some cars. What more do you want? Half naked women.......... the show is purely about entertainment and considering the target audience, a proper review of the Lambo would have been utterly pointless. I agree with what they said about the car, the accountants have taken over and Lambo has lost some of its flare.

Looking forward to the RallyCross episode, some serious cars in there :)