nadolig hapus a blwyddyn newydd dda

ioneabee

What... :scare: :scare: ...Need Gareth to translate.. :surrender:

First bit means; "Happy Christmas" and the second part either means "and a Happy New Year",

...or ioneabee's pi**ed already & fallen asleep on the keyboard. :surrender:

It's Welsh so it could quite reasonably be either. :dry::lol:

• Like 4

Poppdyping

That's my favourite Welsh word, not sure the spelling is correct but I don't think it actually matters :lol:

Work with a few Welsh speakers and you can tell when they aren't happy..... They talk in Welsh with a smattering of English expletives :lol:

All the best to everyone no matter what your dialect is :thumbs:

What... :scare: :scare: ...Need Gareth to translate.. :surrender:

First bit means; "Happy Christmas" and the second part either means "and a Happy New Year",

...or ioneabee's pi**ed already & fallen asleep on the keyboard. :surrender:

It's Welsh so it could quite reasonably be either. :dry::lol:

More likely to be pi**ed I think......guzzling in his Tardis!! :drunk::lol:

• Like 2

I love the Welsh language, completely unintelligble to most of us and yet scattered with little gems like Gwesty (Hotel) and popty ping (microwave), not sure if I beleive the microwave version but still makes me smile.

Happy Christmas :santa:

I love the Welsh language, completely unintelligble to most of us and yet scattered with little gems like Gwesty (Hotel) and popty ping (microwave), not sure if I beleive the microwave version but still makes me smile.

Happy Christmas :santa:

My mothers not here to ask but pretty sure microwave is actually "microdon" in Welsh. :D

Although my spelling of it might not be correct that's how it's pronounced I'm sure. ;)

Poppdyping - often used for microwave - but commonly accepted, its a made up word - microwave is actually meicrodon

That's my favourite Welsh word, not sure the spelling is correct but I don't think it actually matters :lol: - true dat

Work with a few Welsh speakers and you can tell when they aren't happy..... They talk in Welsh with a smattering of English expletives :lol: - unbelivably true :blush: :lol:

All the best to everyone no matter what your dialect is :thumbs:

• Like 1