2014 Retrospective.

14N

So, as we drift somewhat recklessly towards the climax of another year, and we appear to be in a reflective mood, what have been your stand out Zed related moments of 2014?

Good or bad. High or low, what will stick in your memory from this year as we begin the next?

Maybe you/your Zed won something at a show?

Maybe you bought your Zed this year?

Maybe you had a near death experience in the ever-so-slightly damp conditions that was The Wales Weekender.

Or maybe you just killed your Zed on a track with your mates watching :teeth::stir:

Share your 2014 memories folks. Accompanying photos are a bonus :thumbs:

For me it was finally achieving my goal of supercharging my Zed and finally getting to drive a supercharged vehicle which I'd wanted to do for quite sometime.

The first time I gave it the full beans through the first 3 gears was incredible. B):evil::drive1

122_zps2ecabfd5.jpg

Hopefully will get to use the car like it was intended a bit more in 2015 once the winters over & the show/race events begin. :thumbs:

• Like 5

There's not one I've had ups and downs with zed related stuff this year

But those who I speak to a regular basis and support from people on here have made it worth while

I can't call one good moments but I would guess either Trax or Norfolk weekender spending the day drifting with Bizz or maybe just heading down and doing the fueltopia toy run few weeks back then heading further south to see a few good members aka great friends

#nohomo

• Like 1

For me it was a bit of a strange one. It was in July traveling back from a course in Carlisle to Aberdeen. Traffic due to road works resulted in huge tailbacks & a massive single lane detour coupled with lashing rain for most of it turned the journey into 8 1/2 hours of driving hell. Surprisingly I arrived home, stepped out of the car and felt as fresh as I was at the start of the journey. Reminded me of just how diverse the zed is. I've driven a lot of cars in similar conditions & very few could have handled it as well as the zed did. Couple this with that engine & its ability to put a huge grin on my face on a twisty road :cloud9:

• Like 1

Couple of highs and lows for me -

A little hiccup of blowing a weld on my plenum and faulty injector!

20131213_141339_zps8d650ecf.jpg

I was pretty gutted about not getting on track at Snetterton due to fog....

20141115_110740_zpspkralqow.jpg

20141115_111051_zpsches1jc6.jpg

Winning 'Best Wheels' at the Easter Ace Cafe meet, after just spending the best part of £600 getting them re-furbished! :#1:

20131109_154326_zpsd05af4d4.jpg

20131109_154133_zps5f5837ca.jpg

But biggest highlight for me was finally taking the Zed up to Scotland for a little road trip on some of the superb roads up there. :)

350zLochLeven_zps17ce5f4f.jpg

350zsunset_zps21226493.jpg

• Like 5

Some great (and not so great) moments there guys, thanks for sharing. Please keep them coming :thumbs:

Mine? There are a few. But winning a close car of the month earlier this year is definitely up there as a high.

All the great meets I've organised and attended, meeting familiar and new faces and seeing some cracking cars.

A low point? Discovering the passenger side, deep water feature my car developed in Wales and finally getting it sorted.

All in all, a great year. And a heck of a lot of it, is thanks to you lot! :scare:

• Like 1

Highlight of my year was a holiday to the States with my twin brother. Never done a big holiday before (last time I left the UK was a school trip to France in the early 00's!) so was a completely new experience for me. Apart from watching an obscene amount of baseball the two main highlight we're ringing the church bells at Washington Cathedral and attending the Twins Festival, the largest annual gathering of twins in the world (http://www.twinsdays.org).

Thankfully no major low points other than spending a fortune on the holiday so having no money left to spend on the Zed. Hopefully be able to find some change down the back of the sofa to start rectifying that in 2015.

Highlight of my year was a holiday to the States with my twin brother. Never done a big holiday before (last time I left the UK was a school trip to France in the early 00's!) so was a completely new experience for me. Apart from watching an obscene amount of baseball the two main highlight we're ringing the church bells at Washington Cathedral and attending the Twins Festival, the largest annual gathering of twins in the world (http://www.twinsdays.org).

Thankfully no major low points other than spending a fortune on the holiday so having no money left to spend on the Zed. Hopefully be able to find some change down the back of the sofa to start rectifying that in 2015.

:doh:

what have been your stand out Zed related moments of 2014?

:lol:

Edited by Sam Mcgoo
  • Like 1

:doh:

what have been your stand out Zed related moments of 2014?

:lol:

My bad! Should have paid more attention to first post and not the thread title. My post does mention my Zed though. It's not really had any highlight this year, other than getting a shiny new gear knob. Haven't even racked up much mileage in it :-( think I've spent most my time behind the wheel driving up and down the A38 between Plymouth and Exeter moaning that it's only two lanes and swearing at the driver in the outside lane doing 61mph to overtake the vehicle doing 60mph in the inside lane.