People who drive fast cars are idiots?

twobears

Which forum? I love a good horses rant, I let people think I know nothing about them first though, just so when I lay the hammer down they feel extra stupid :lol:

Ok thor :lol:

Best thing you've ever called me :lol:

2013_thor_the_dark_world-wide.jpg

Was it GQ or another mag that he got voted sexiest man in the world 2014?

I bet the hammer makes panties fall off too.

Edited by Flex

Annie - More time on your hands ?

You can do some Wales 2015 stuff for me haha! Keep you out of trouble with other forums

Time on my hands? Ha ha, I guess so. I've been very good and been to the gym and I'm off to the Barbican in a couple of hours so it was either play on the forums or do the ironing and erm, the ironing lost!!

It's a bit materialistic .. Showing off that you have an ironing board ;)

I know. Sorry. It's a really sporty ironing board too. I can iron ever so fast on it :lol:

• Like 1

Annie - More time on your hands ?

You can do some Wales 2015 stuff for me haha! Keep you out of trouble with other forums

Time on my hands? Ha ha, I guess so. I've been very good and been to the gym and I'm off to the Barbican in a couple of hours so it was either play on the forums or do the ironing and erm, the ironing lost!!

It's a bit materialistic .. Showing off that you have an ironing board ;)

I know. Sorry. It's a really sporty ironing board too. I can iron ever so fast on it :lol:

I've got a fast ironing board too always taking it to meets

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I would like to make a sensible comment on this thread and show I have an informed opinion about these matters,

Unfortunately I own a nice car and am therefore by default an idiot and unable to make said informed opinion - which is probably a good thing because again by virtue of the nice car rule I am also a complete @rse so would no doubt offend you all.

So instead of making comments I am off to buy something nice to add to my collection of nice things which I will then count - this is due to the materialistic nature I have also been cursed with since owning a nice car.

:p

:lol:

Of course I will be OK when "they" all buy nice cars because at the point "they" (the haters) all buy nice cars it will be "the right thing" and in no way materialistic/offensive/and they (therefore we) will all be excellent drivers ;)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 7

It's a really sad world we live in sometimes (read that as most of the time) that other people cannot just get on with their own lives & let other people just do what makes them happy.

My car has cost me a lot of money to own & mod but for that I have sacrificed many things, ...I haven't been on a holiday in over a decade or more, gave up smoking at the start of the year (not for health reasons, just to give me more free money to spend on my car), don't eat out & rarely buy myself gadgets/DVD's or any other frivolous items.

In fact one of my favourite songs really sums it up best I think. It's by "Armand Van Helden" and it's called "U don't know me".

Lyrics below...

"You don't even know me,

you say that I'm not living right,

you don't understand me,

so why do you judge my life?

I don't ask for nothing,

I'm always holding my own,

Every time I turn around there's something,

people talking about what they don't know,

and when I try to move on up,

their always pulling me down!

I'm tired yeah and I've had enough,

it's my life and I'm living it now.

You don't even know me,

you say that I'm not living right,

you don't understand me,

so why do you judge my life?

I always wonder why,

people try to hurt me,

no happiness in their own life,

so they act out all their jealousy,

who are you to say that I'm living wrong?

always telling me what to do.

I decided yeah, I gotta be strong,

What makes me think that I needed you?!

You don't know me."

Link:

:thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 3

I bet these people have the latest iPhones and tablets to go with there hd smart tv

TTechnically anything more than a shed clothes and some food is materialistic

True. We all spend money on things that we don't really need.

I'm inclined to agree with others that jealousy is a big factor.

Two bears please go back to the other forum and tell them we have agreed that they are all boring jealous losers :)

• Like 3

I bet these people have the latest iPhones and tablets to go with there hd smart tv

Fight Club, anyone?

I love that film. I always end up thinking that it would be so nice to just live with the basics rather than struggle every day just to acquire wealth to spend on things.

• Like 1

Fight Club, anyone?

I love that film. I always end up thinking that it would be so nice to just live with the basics rather than struggle every day just to acquire wealth to spend on things.

But there's nothing actually stopping us all renouncing our worldly wealth and going off to live in a yurt that we knitted ourselves out of tofu is there? I'll wait and see how you get on with it before I join you :lol:

Fight Club, anyone?

And this is what happens when you own a porsche and sell it. You become a hippie :p

I seem to remember learning at uni' about Utilitarian ethics which argues (I think) that the moral thing to do is giving up everything you have except just what you need to survive (food, basic shelter etc.) as the proceeds would benefit needier people in the World. Nice theory but I don't know if the people who wrote the books did it!

• Like 1

I seem to remember learning at uni' about Utilitarian ethics which argues (I think) that the moral thing to do is giving up everything you have except just what you need to survive (food, basic shelter etc.) as the proceeds would benefit needier people in the World. Nice theory but I don't know if the people who wrote the books did it!

Bet they didn't :dry: Mind you the royalties from their book probably only just covered the amount they needed for the loom to make their hair shirts :lol:

• Like 1

I always think that people taking shots at other people for their interests or hobbies and damaged themselves and trying to make up for it.

If someone likes cars great for them, same for sports etc or something like stamp collecting.

If thats what you're into then good for you :thumbs:

I'd quite happily change my life style and become Tarzan, loved building tree houses :lol:

Step away from the loin cloth Grundy :scare:

Yer Thanks for that - I now have a mental picture I could have lived without ........ Happily ........... Forever :yuck:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1