What's the worst car you have ever driven

NeilMH

1.2 Corsa, dangerously slow !

When I had the accident in the VXR8, the VX garage gave me a 1.0l Corsa as a replacement.

I nearly killed myself at the first roundabout when I suddenly realised I'd lost 5.2l and around 340hp!

I also didn't realise they made cars without AC or rake adjustment anymore!

So yeah, maybe that was the worst car!

• Like 1

I thought I knew virtually all makes and models of car but I just had to look up and see what a Chevrolet Aveo was :lol:

Avis had hundreds of them as hire cars. I used to drive from Newcastle to Dover in them. Awful. Just awful.

I thought I knew virtually all makes and models of car but I just had to look up and see what a Chevrolet Aveo was :lol:

Avis had hundreds of them as hire cars. I used to drive from Newcastle to Dover in them. Awful. Just awful.

For some strange reason I hadn't noticed them before :p

Need to take price and use in to account surely :shrug:

I drove an i20 to Newcastle and hated it but as a cheap runaround for someone to just go to the shops and back or work then it would be a great option

same here really - my sons 1ltr Seat Arosa is pretty horrible, but it does what it says on the tin ie pootling back and forward to the shops and as a learner car

Flew up to Scotland to play golf a few years ago and was given a Beetle as a hire car. Horrid, took me three days to

work out which end was the front of the car.

Edited by Payco

1L K11 Micra.

There is not a more spiteful car ever made on the planet still in existence. It has literally zero redeeming qualities.

It's cheap and a lot of old dears like them :shrug:

Neither of which makes a difference. There are equally cheap & better cars out there, and old people aren't always stupid.

God, I hate those cars. Even more than I hate the gen1 KA, and that's saying something.

I drove an i20 to Newcastle and hated it but as a cheap runaround for someone to just go to the shops and back or work then it would be a great option

same here really - my sons 1ltr Seat Arosa is pretty horrible, but it does what it says on the tin ie pootling back and forward to the shops and as a learner car

Fair to say that the average member on here is going to say a 1l whatever is crap even though it really isn't to someone that just wants a cheap car, would rather hear from people that have bought £20k+ cars and they have been awful that's all...

We had a 1L Aygo and it was absolutely immense. Did everything it should, handled very well and sounded like half a V6: Great fun! :)

Okay, more expensive cars that are rubbish: R57 Mini CS. How anyone can find a car that has that much torque steer when you brush the throttle remotely fun is beyond me. Seating position is a bit guff, steering wheel too fat, but it does make a vaguely interesting noise I guess.

Fair to say that the average member on here is going to say a 1l whatever is crap even though it really isn't to someone that just wants a cheap car, would rather hear from people that have bought £20k+ cars and they have been awful that's all...

Fair enough.

Qashqai 2+2.

Spongy ride, gearbox is like treacle and designed in such a way that if you're tall and the seat is pushed back you have to lean forward to put it in 1st 3rd and 5th.

Interior rattled so much it distracted from driving.

Edited by Lexx

That's more like it, just the easy option to say some cheap arse motor is rubbish that all :p

I could say my Zed was the worst car I have driven for the last couple of months I had it, drove it to Wales with my mates and had a blast, but had to take so many pain killers in the Saturday night I missed the hog roast :cry:

People only say the 1.0 this, that or the other because they never drove an FSO Polonez.

I quite like the basic models of modern cars.

Perhaps controversially, I would argue that there is no such thing as a bad car now (compared with what I was driving in the 70s). Nearly all modern cars start when it's cold, have brakes that work and steering that vaguely sends you in the direction you were expecting and are likely to give you some chance of survival if you crash.

Edited by NeilMH