What's the worst car you have ever driven

NeilMH

Smart Car with sequential gearbox thingy. I felt like I was on a rocking horse. :wacko:

Smart cars should be banned from the road, they're dangerous, ugly and stupid. Except for the Brabus, which does actually earn some credit.

No matter how HARD you are, you're never going to look cool......

yahoo_garay_car1.jpg

I agree with most of that but I loved the smart I had until the turbo broke and then I hated it.

I had it sky bound up in yorkshire, when it came back to earth it bounced on each wheel (I thought it was going to be game over) then recovered, had a chuckle once I managed to get my heart back in my chest.

Actually. When I think about it the wife's Megane is pretty horrific too.

1.6 but feels like a 1.0.

Creaks like a whores bed.

Gearbox feels almost agricultural.

No power at all.

You can't put anything on the seats as it then thinks it's a person and beeps relentlessly telling you to fasten the seat belt around your shopping.

Steering is far too light with no feel.

Brakes are terrible. And because discs are part of the hub they cost a fortune to replace.

Driving position is all wrong and feels like you sit too far to the right.

Clutch is heavy and the car is a bitch in traffic.

Trim finish is worse than some 90s Japanese cars.

Heat shield bolts constantly shear and cause an annoying rattle underneath.

Munches front tyres.

And worst of all - she loves it and will never ever sell it.

91787-kill-it-with-fire-gif-eu75.gif

:lol::D

• Like 2

I have now decided my winner is a 1993 VW Polo Genesis Couple.

Vile steering, suspension made from concrete, seats that I could never get comfortable in, sounded like a broken sewing machine and had a gearbox as rubbery as a Malaysian forest.

Then it injured me.

While I was at an event, testing a tarmac rally car, my mother in law endeavoured to move the Polo off my driveway (she normally drove an automatic). Somehow she managed to reverse at high speed and embed the Polo into the side of my house. I was called back to try and sort it out. In the process of trying to extricate the remains I suffered a prolapsed disc and was off work for 6 weeks.

:surrender: That car was a pig.

On paper, the worst car I have driven is this:

DSCN1209.jpg

300cc engine,

handlebars

lights like candles

not water tight

windscreen wiper doesn't work on half the screen as it's curved so much

1 forward and reverse gears only with no clutch to engage

no auto choke

arse to start

noisy as anything tyres

windows are zips

unstable as anything

no-one see's you on the road

when you fill up with fuel the entire "cabin" stinks of fuel for weeks

the wing mirrors are literally useless

no locks

BUT

It's an absolute hoot to drive :lol:

• Like 1

Wasso, my daughter would just love that SmartCar Kitty Mobile!!!

For me the worst car I've ever driven was the Ssang Yong Rectum. Or at least that's what I called it. It was more like a boat than a car. I had to plan corners well in advance because wallowy doesn't do justice to the revolting thing. Driving it actually made me feel ill because it rolled so much. Never again :wacko:

For me the worst car I've ever driven was the Ssang Yong Rectum. Or at least that's what I called it. It was more like a boat than a car. I had to plan corners well in advance because wallowy doesn't do justice to the revolting thing. Driving it actually made me feel ill because it rolled so much. Never again :wacko:

She'd like it even better with these wheels we dipped ;-)

IMAG0926_zpstxbumoiz.jpg

Edited by Ricey
  • Like 2

Morris marina was the worst car I've ever driven/owned, it felt like the front wheels were somehow not attached to the steering wheel it wallowed and severely under steered round even the slightest bend in the road yet managed to give almost back breaking jolts over the slightest of bumps in the road, it had to be coaxed into going up hill, had terrible brakes and was a pita to get started in the mornings and last but not least when it rained water used to gather in the foot wells...... a truly hateful car that should never have been built

• Like 1

She'd like it even better with these wheels we dipped ;-)

IMAG0926_zpstxbumoiz.jpg

Is that real? I don't understand how you did it? :blush:

A Land Rover 109 Petrol with army spec offroad tyres and heating not worth a crap! I drove it in while I was at college for work purposes, It's one of those agricultural drives that was that bad it was almost good! Bounced down the road, slow, cold, 4 speed, and steering that was more a request than and instruction to the front wheels. I miss it :thumbs:

• Like 1