LEGO!

KyleR

I've fancied the lego tumblr for a while but at £140 I cant justify it... or can I? ;)

Link?

http://shop.lego.com...e-Tumbler-76023

Ah right, that. Looks pretty overpriced to me at £160 for only 1800 pieces. I'd think about £120 would be plenty. It may be one of the sets that will be worth a few quid in the future due to the prohibitive RRP and cult Batman following.

Well mrs glrnet and and daughter will be busy with their usual jig saw fest so I might have to order something to keep me busy :) Mind you there might be a fight over table space :lol:

There's only one place for building Lego and that's the floor.....

I'm sure they will thank you for it when they go to make a cuppa and stand on a brick..... My parents always did :lol:

Big lego fan here too :teeth:

still got most of it in the loft :blush:

http://www.ebay.co.u...F-/201146104780 have it still in the box, although a little tatty now, so dont think it's worth this amount :surrender:

I wish I still had all my old stuff, I could them download the manuals and get the collection started :)

I think that seller is in dreamland, not selling for even close to that http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlego+8860&_nkw=lego+8860&_sacat=0

Well mrs glrnet and and daughter will be busy with their usual jig saw fest so I might have to order something to keep me busy :) Mind you there might be a fight over table space :lol:

There's only one place for building Lego and that's the floor.....

I'm sure they will thank you for it when they go to make a cuppa and stand on a brick..... My parents always did :lol:

Taking in to account age & whiskey consumption if Papa gets on to the floor Christmas Day I can't see him getting back up till the New Year :wheelchair::console::drunk:

• Like 2

Mothers need shooting..I had a Triang Arkitex set now worth a bloody fortune..she sold it...my Action Men and tons of original boxed clothes and accesories....sold...1000's of pounds worth of original Scalextric inc the complete goodwood set...lemans start and pit..blower bentley from the 60'S etc etc...Needless to say we are estranged

Finished the Grand Prix Racer today :) Must have been a good 7 hours or so all in. Final product is pretty good with the gearing opening the engine bay and moving the DRS in the wing.

Some pix

EADC53B6-DE88-4FF1-8073-C852AC8EFB8F.jpg

0F921818-AE93-4F0C-BF99-123D2E1A7B6C.jpg

Received this one yesterday to keep me going over the weekend with near 3000 pcs :D

01C47C0D-84CA-4F87-ABAE-706D114E386D.jpg

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 5

A package arrived for me today too :lol: How old am I? :surrender:

http://shop.lego.com...el-Loader-42030

Never too old for Lego.

That's a good set. Enjoy your build mate!

I got 2 sets to build this Xmas, the batman tumble and classic mini cooper :p

I'm after the Cooper as well, If I hadn't just dropped another fist full of cash today on another LEGO set, i'd be having it.

• Like 1

This one was possibly my favourite Christmas present of all time... around 93?

$_57.JPG

That's some really old Technics there. They barely even use those LEGO like pieces anymore. mostly all smooth and rounded to make a more finished looking final product. Did it do anything other than the suspension? moving parts?

Man I used to have this too - it had moving seats (i think just fore and aft) and a 'working' engine and I think gearbox too :) My folks kept all my old 'proper' lego so I now have it all at my house, but they got rid of my technic :(

On a brighter note, I'm at the inlaws now for pre-Christmas and I got the expert creator min cooper as a pressie :):)

• Like 2

Man I used to have this too - it had moving seats (i think just fore and aft) and a 'working' engine and I think gearbox too :) My folks kept all my old 'proper' lego so I now have it all at my house, but they got rid of my technic :(

On a brighter note, I'm at the inlaws now for pre-Christmas and I got the expert creator min cooper as a pressie :):)

This one was possibly my favourite Christmas present of all time... around 93?

That's some really old Technics there. They barely even use those LEGO like pieces anymore. mostly all smooth and rounded to make a more finished looking final product. Did it do anything other than the suspension? moving parts?

I think thats why i'm less of a fan nowadays as i dont like the shaped pieces. I think it takes away a lot of the magic when you're piecing together ready-moulded parts. Each to their own though.

This car had everything by the way... a working gearbox with 3 gears, an engine with pistons that go up and down, steering, and seats you could slide back and forth.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

• Like 1