LEGO!

KyleR

Like a really expensive bottle of wine, you couldn't ever open it because it would become worthless!!!

I had so much lego years ago, still have some of it and it's great watching my kids building things out of lego all my boys (youngest is 13) spend hours building star wars models but no chance of my getting them the millenium falcon at that price!

There is one for about £150 obviously not as detailed but looks great also the Death Star looks just as awesome. As an adult I now appreciate the relative cost of Lego to my parents but it has to be the most value for money toy they could buy me.

I would play for hours and hours building and rebuilding various trucks and buildings. The kits are good but I loved creating my own stuff and I think that's where Lego seems to let itself down these days as they don't encourage imagination just set kits.

I've hovered over the order button for ecto1 mind :lol:

Edited by Fodder

I dug out my old photos from when i was a young 'un. I reckon i must have been about 7 or 8 when these were taken. Wish i had more pics.

264BAD6A-4CDE-4271-887E-41D08B065F63-5087-0000081A535DE3A0_zps964dbd7d.jpg

E5EAE4C5-16E5-44A8-870D-BDFE7CD3F424-5087-0000081A64419D40_zps631e8159.jpg

EC76A0CE-473E-41C8-AB46-AF452C0FB005-5087-0000081A696F7F57_zps7a42951d.jpg

And then my dad put mirrors along the sides once to make the city look bigger. B) Also note the elevated train line.

9FB2EE35-C763-446A-BF09-BF98723B6902-5087-0000081A5E598300_zps0ceb7bf5.jpg

D7B2FC70-F277-4F71-BC7F-25EAC9EC4CC4-5087-0000081A58FDFF19_zps154486ca.jpg

had similar setup, brings back happy memories :teeth:

also had the yellow lego castle - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/375_Castle think most of the shields had their handles broke off to make pistols :blush:

also had the yellow lego castle - http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/375_Castle think most of the shields had their handles broke off to make pistols :blush:

I never had the castle, but i remember building a copy of it from the parts i had. Was a pretty good replica. Actually i did that with most of their sets... i'd always make my own version of it if I didnt have the actual set, just from the pictures i had to hand.

Ahh the memories.

• Like 1

I never had the castle, but i remember building a copy of it from the parts i had. Was a pretty good replica. Actually i did that with most of their sets... i'd always make my own version of it if I didnt have the actual set, just from the pictures i had to hand.

Ahh the memories.

To me that's what Lego was all about, getting inspiration but letting your imagination run wild with it......blocks permitting of course :lol:

Finally finished my shell VPower Collection :thumbs::#1:

5DFB0490_zpsc9f2740e.jpg

37562890_zpse5286620.jpg

D2BFD5B1_zps5f59852e.jpg

595D4D9F_zps0ad377bb.jpg

B42A48B3_zps960b3f9e.jpg

8890E40A_zps885f5854.jpg

66735298_zps7a2d7ef3.jpg

47048428_zpsc0a3dc37.jpg

D875453D_zpsd42f8800.jpg

I'm still 3 models down :( my usual Shell garage runs out so I ended up with 2 delivery tank. Will try to collect the rest, else will try eBay B)

Edit: Any V-power user out there that doesn't buy the lego set could help? I'm definitely going to pay shipping and cost of the lego :wub:

Edited by veeg33

I'm still 3 models down :( my usual Shell garage runs out so I ended up with 2 delivery tank. Will try to collect the rest, else will try eBay B)

Edit: Any V-power user out there that doesn't buy the lego set could help? I'm definitely going to pay shipping and cost of the lego :wub:

Which ones do you still need?

• Like 1

The yellow ferrari, blue ferrari and the F1 mate. I'll fill up these few days, hopefull in another garage further away and they still have some in stock B)

That would be great if you could help :thumbs:

The yellow ferrari, blue ferrari and the F1 mate. I'll fill up these few days, hopefull in another garage further away and they still have some in stock B)

Ive got a spare F12 Berlinetta but I'll look out for the ones you need when im next at Shell.

• Like 1

Ive got a spare F12 Berlinetta but I'll look out for the ones you need when im next at Shell.

Super, thanks Steve :wub: