New member buying advice

Morning guys,

My name is Ryan, 27 years old and a father to a 2 year old boy.

I have considered buying a 350z for the last 5 years or so but have always had something more 'sensible.' That sensible car is now what the wife uses as her daily (Lexus diesel.) I currently have a company car which is completely optional so I am considering knocking that on the head and getting a 350 as a daily driver.

What I want/need and do is -

My commute is a 6 mile round trip (so fuel costs are not an issue)

I am looking for a car in the £6/7k price region

UK spec car

GT

Could I have a child seat in the car on the very rare occasion?

The other car I am considering is a Porsche boxster but I am favouring the 350. Any advice here as a daily?

Subject to the car being fully serviced would you advise me to avoid a car that is over any particular mileage?

Sorry for all the questions, I did read the newbie thread but would appreciate some advice based on my situation.

All the best - Ryan

Edited by duudiz

Well I'm not too sure on the questions as such but definitely a 350z. I drove a Boxster and its uncomfortable, cheap for porcshe interior and generally the enjoyment you get from a Zed is amazing!

In my opinion, as long as it has a full service history at a respectable garage (ideally Nissan) and the body work is good its all good but take someone mechanically minded with you!

I'm sure some of these other guys will let you know what to look out for.

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard Ryan. :welcome:

I don't have kids so not really 100% on whether they can ride in the front in a car seat but I know you're not supposed to use the rear facing seats for definite as it has been fatal in some crashes due to the seating position/airbag.

More info in this thread: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73125-kids-in-passenger-seat/

Regarding the 350Z V's Porsche Boxster I'd say go for the 350 definitely.

Having driven a Porsche Boxster S for over a week as a courtesy car whilst my 350 was having paint work done I was so glad to swap back to the 350 afterwards.

My 350 felt much better driving it & much better made if I'm honest which did surprise me.

I wouldn't say you need to avoid any particular mileage Zed but obviously it is better in terms of re-sale value to get a lower mileage vehicle when possible. The main thing is having a full service history meaning that the vehicle has been maintained correctly with oil levels checked regularly & correct service intervals followed.

Have a look at the service schedule here for more info: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

That will help you know what things should have been done (depending on mileage/age) if/when you go to look at any 350's for sale. :thumbs:

Thank you very much for a warm welcome and some good advice. :) I am going to keep my eye out for a GT in azure or the gun metal colour, would prefer black leather ideally, so if any come up on this forum please let me know, I have already checked the for sale section.

Welcome. Would personally rather walk the 6 miles to work that drive a Boxter. Take your time sourcing the right z, there are plenty of good examples around. Spend as much time as you can reading up on them on the forum first. Many people have studied the forum after ownership and regretted not going on here first.