What's all this starting a sentence with "so" ?

ATTAK Z

Another one, used a lot by sports people "for sure"

Rob

lots of F1 drivers use this

Yes, Niki Lauda was first person I ever heard use this, maybe late 70's. When the swimmer Ian Thorpe commentated on The Olympics in London he began every sentence with "Look", maybe its an Aussie thing.

Pete

he began every sentence with "Look", maybe its an Aussie thing.

Very much an Aussie thing, i like cricket and whenever England play Australia and any Ozzie player is interviewed, they nearly always start their reply with "Look"

I find it quite condescending.

Edited by Jetpilot

Bought and brought.

Should of instead of should have.

Pacific instead of specific.

At the end of the day...

Slang speak in general I find pretty loathsome.

People say that it doesn't matter if they use the wrong word or grammar as long as they are understood. I'm afraid I couldn't disagree more. I think it is mainly owing to people reading less and not taking care to understand grammar. I think learning Latin and/or a foreign language helps you grasp the basic premise of grammar, syntax and constructing sentences correctly.

Perhaps I'm just a snob. I am a johnny foreigner though so it probably doesn't count. :p

Anythink, Nothink, everythink - drives me mad.

When did the G get replaced for a K ?

So, I believe generally replaced Anyway - mainly used in not knowing how to start the next topic of converstion piece - I reckon ? !

I have quite a few friends from the North - it's quite amusing the differing ways in which we speak and words we use.

The banter between us can certainly become quite heated and very amusing at times !! ;):lol:

There are also the times, when I have no idea what they are trying to say, using words just made up so Southerners do not have a clue what is going on !!!! :lol: