The Apprentice BBC1 2014 Thread,

WhackyWill

I watch it! Sadly some of this year's group were picked for TV ratings rather than their business acumen in my opinion!

Ultimately, this.

The programme used to be about people who actually had some talent for business, a clever head on young shoulders who wanted that chance to prove themselves. In the last few years all we get is ME ME ME people who are picked purely because they're opinionated, as the producers want people talking about the show. That may work for the Twitter generation, but personally I'd rather see some intelligence rather than a bunch of gobby cretins.

If there were no arrogant, annoying, dislikable irritating tw*ts then there would be no TV value. Although was buried in World od Warcraft the box was on , last nights BBC Peak line up was Apprentice/News/ then some b*llcks about people swapping council houses - Jeez Im looking forward to a series on life on a Zed forum .......Meanwhile in Norfolk, Mudman is under the bonnet with the engine dress conduits. Rivetting TV.........

• Like 1

Never see a one page thread with so many swear words in it.. :scare: :scare:

Tw@t

I love that word even though it's bad

My apologies for posting

• Like 1

Watched it last night because my son wanted to watch it - I think he fancies himself as an entrepreneur

Absolutely hated it and will certainly not watch it again.

It is not even entertaining, I found it quite stressful to watch and just wanted to punch their lights out.

If Alan Sugar was allowed to shoot the loser instead of firing them it would be so much better ... .

• Like 1

Follows the format of a lot of modern TV really though doesn't it? Fat lazy people scrounging benefits, people addicted to plastic surgery, people who think they can sing, people who've failed the driving test 50 times and still can't work the gears, and a bunch of gobby, talentless muppets who get outfoxed by East End market traders and slagged off by Mr Amstrad.....Line em up so we can have a good laugh at them. I love it. :)

Edited by sipar69

TV shows are entertainment, they are not in anyway serious and were never meant to be. The Apprentice has always been a joke show and the people taking part know that.

Don't read the below if you think this is a serious programme about entrepreneurs...

/startrant

Friend of a friend told me about it on a night out, he had been on it a few series back, did you know they film the 'exit scene' for all the people at the start of filming. So when it comes to the firing section you might notice they always wear the same clothes so when they exit they match what they wore when they first filmed the exit scene with the suitcase... ;)

But he was saying that the show is hugely biased, they come in, are told its an entertainment show and it will enhance their careers outside of the show i.e. public exposure, TV appearances etc. So to be loud and try and be the person who will keep the ratings going. There is a lot of serious chat that goes on when they are given the challenges with some decent debate, but that gets cut of course as that is not very interesting to your basic viewer. They do keep in any flash points that occur and set the context to make it look like teams are constantly fighting or someone is being a bad egg to get the public on their backs.

Alan Sugar has built up a decent business empire, if he has an ounce of business savvy which he must have, he must know that recruiting someone to a big salary in his business via a tacky entertainment show on TV getting potentially highly paid execs to try and sell soup to people on the street is not in any way a proper way of recruiting a person to that role.

They show is a joke, it should be taken as such.

/endrant

• Like 2