gangzoom

Its not airborne has very little scope for mutation and can be protected against by following simple hygiene procedures.

We have been studying viruses for over 100 years, and we've never seen a human virus change the way it is transmitted.

Vincent Racaniello, a Professor of Microbiology & Immunology at Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons,

The panic is worse than the disease. Don't be part of the problem.

The bubonic plague has killed more people in the last 5 years than Ebola has since the 70's.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

Not sure about all the facts here, I'm pretty certain the Daily Mail calmly says, "WE WILL ALL CATCH IT FROM FOREIGNERS WHO EAT MONKEY MEAT". So I'm simply staying clear of kebab shops ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2713707/Secret-trade-monkey-meat-unleash-Ebola-UK-How-appetite-African-delicacies-British-markets-stalls-spread-killer-virus.html

On a more sane and serious note, it's shocking we haven't done more quickly to assist the areas being hit hard with this. Also it must be nervy working in frontline healthcare at the minute.

• Like 2

70% less population, you say? Mainly in over crowded areas?

I'm not seeing a downside.

I work in an airport, I don't even give it a second thought. It's scary stuff, but there is nothing I can do about it so I won't worry just yet. Besides, I've seen Outbreak: Just wait for Dustin to find Betsy and we'll all be fine.

• Like 2

They are screening leaving folks in west Africa (so I read somewhere) ... But if their border agency is anything like ours then I wouldn't trust it to be effective...

Ebola symptoms are spewing up and uncontrollable incontinence, that's half of rotherhams Friday night crowd that should be in quarantine then!!

Edited by Martinjj
  • Like 1

I hope it mutates and we get a zombie apocalypse.

#teamtarmac

LoL, may be ill scare my self some more by watching all the countless virus apocalypse films when i finish this set of night shifts.....only problem been I don't think I'll get very far running away from Zombies in the 335i given how quickly it drink fuel...probably just about make it to somewhere just north of York on the M ways...question is do you go North or South :)

I hope it mutates and we get a zombie apocalypse.

#teamtarmac

LoL, may be ill scare my self some more by watching all the countless virus apocalypse films when i finish this set of night shifts.....only problem been I don't think I'll get very far running away from Zombies in the 335i given how quickly it drink fuel...probably just about make it to somewhere just north of York on the M ways...question is do you go North or South :)

least you have an engine ;)

I'm as far south as you can get.

I'd grab a land rover, find a drug dealer :lol: get a gun from him, travel to Newcastle to pick up friends then head out in to low populated areas

#teamtarmac

least you have an engine ;)

I'm as far south as you can get.

I'd grab a land rover, find a drug dealer :lol: get a gun from him, travel to Newcastle to pick up friends then head out in to low populated areas

When you started to say "find a drug dealer", I thought how is getting high going to help? :dry::lol:

Anyway you don't want a gun grundy, ...unless you have loads of ammo with it. You're better off with a compound bow. B)

You can then reuse the arrows and if you lose all of them in a worst case scenario you could just make some more yourself. :lol:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 2

So 6hrs into a busy night shift get a call from the local police station. It's the chap who deals with immigration....not too worried at this point, since UKIP haven't quite made it to power yet, so they cannot be trying to deport me already :D

Officer: We've found a chap hidden under lorry, his alright but got a bit of a temperature.

Me: Ok, it's 3am, been raining so probably just got the cold.

Officer: yeah that's what we think....but his come from Sudan, do we need to do any extra blood tests for you know what.

Me: Sudan, that's not a outbreak zone (Quickly double check on Dr Google).

Officer: He has also been through Liberia, but we've not talked that much to him yet.

Me: Oh....(Quickly finds local Viral Haemorrhagic fever guidelines)

Officer: Is there some kind of quick blood test we can do?

Me: Right, I've emailed you the local guidelines, if your really worried contact the national infection team, details all there....Make sure you guys wear some protective masks/gowns, give me a call back if your really worried about him.

Not heard back so I assume it's all fine!! There's nothing like the fear of a lethal virus to make the night shift go a bit quicker :)....but at the same time it's all rather too real.

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 2