Ordered A Silver 370Z Nismo Almost 14 Weeks Ago

Turboextreme

Now on the verge of cancelling my order, I am speaking to the dealer tonight and if they haven't sorted it then I am going elsewhere.

Have you not enquired elsewhere yet? Or do you mean a different car altogether?

Nope I hadn't looked anywhere else was just waiting for them to sort it out.

Looked at my finances and managed to convince the wife to let me have a BMW M4 even though it was a little out of my original budget but as I was building it online I got a call from the Nissan dealer telling me that everything is sorted and should be able to collect my new 2015 370Z in around two weeks :). I even told them I was on the BMW website shopping for an alternative and they asked me not to do that :lol:.

As much as I like the nismo, it isn't anywhere near a M4. Not even close.

0-60 in 3.9 seconds and the full extended leather looks and feels amazing.

God I wish I could afford one.

I didn't really want an M4 to be honest I wanted the 370, the BMW was massively over my budget which I could stretch to but it meant making sacrifices. An M235i I could get for 2k less than the Nismo and is a highly rated car but it looks like any other BMW apart from the twin single exit exhausts.

I am now really really chuffed that everything is sorted and I will be getting the Nismo soon, hopefully when I speak to the dealer today should have confirmation of a date I can collect it.

• Like 1

One of my close friends got one of the first M4s in the UK when it was deliverevd.... It is fast, but it's a big old barge and doesn't look even slightly interesting. The sound is nice though!! More of an old mans car but not for me.

I am still confused about everyone making the 0-60 comparison. None of us bought our Zs, 350/370/370N for 0-60 speed so it's absolutely rediculous to keep using that as a comparison factor against other cars.

If I wanted a straight line speed car, I would get a corsa VXR and spend 20K on it... I am sure then it would be quicker than many super cars 0-60.....

Please people get some brains and stop pulling out the 0-60 times so often. It's IRRELEVANT

• Like 3

30-100 is far more important real-world, but it's a stat that's very hard to come by.

even so, any stat like 0-60, 30-100 is based on the assumption we are all chasing straight line speed. which if we were, none of us would be on this forum as we wouldn't own a Z... so using it as a comparison between Z and other cars is stupidity! :angry: rant over! B)

Not really: It's also a guide as to flexibility of the engine, gear ratios etc.

For example, I might not necessarily need a car that does 0-60 in 5secs, but one that lets me overtake with ease is very important. A diesel would have a crap 0-60, but it would have bags of torque in that range so the 30-100 could be very impressive.

I get where you're going though, straight line speed is pretty irrelevant these days when everything vaguely interesting is plenty quick enough.

Any Nismo ordered today will be delivered within 4 - 10 weeks depending on colour.

I have a 48 hour demo arranged for next week courtesy of Nobles, Edinburgh.

Nissan would not give them a showroom car, only a demo which has already been registered by Nobles.

This Nismo 370 in silver is available to buy now at £37500.00.

Perhaps the guys that have already got there cars have purchased demo/pre-registered cars.

Alex: :)