Ordered A Silver 370Z Nismo Almost 14 Weeks Ago

Turboextreme

No don't want to cancel but I feel like it sometimes but there is nothing else like it in this price range that actually stands out. Was looking this week at the Porsche Cayman but for 40k you get nothing apart from Xenons at this price. Also looked at the BMW M235i and the Subaru Imprezza STI UK, apparently the Jaguar Coupe is a good car but that is above my price range and I don't think I am old enough to own a Jaguar quite yet.

I am also getting a good deal on the Nissan despite all the messing around and not knowing. At the moment I am waiting on dealer support emailing the dealership to confirm I can have the new car at the same price as the old.

Edited by Turboextreme

It will be worth the wait.... I went and started mine up today Ohhh they sound nice..

Will drive it some point in the week.. :)

Do you mean the Nismo 370? They don't sound all that great unfortunately until you stick a grand's worth of exhaust on.

It will be worth the wait.... I went and started mine up today Ohhh they sound nice..

Will drive it some point in the week.. :)

Do you mean the Nismo 370? They don't sound all that great unfortunately until you stick a grand's worth of exhaust on.

Ohh thought these sounded mint the Nismo version may be not then :(

Opinions differ, to be fair. The standard 370 exhaust is widely regarded as sounding pathetic - I don't know of anyone on this forum who thinks it sounds good. The Nismo is an improvement and some owners are happy with it but I couldn't live with it despite trying to convince myself it sounded ok. (I don't like loud exhausts either.)

So today I discovered why no-one is buying a f*cking 370ZN.

Apparently a car was ordered for me, but there was a mix up and it was just a boggo 370Z GT with an auto 'box. Completely useless to me. When they said they're not really sure where I go from here, I don't think they were expecting my reply of "Somewhere else?".

Utterly pointless. He's going to try and see if Nissan have one somewhere to try, but isn't holding out much hope. Neither am I, and neither can I be arsed chasing them so I can spend nearly £40k with them.

*goes back to looking at £40K 981 Boxster S cars*

Have you been waiting 3 months for the wrong car!

That's amazing.

I'd go straight to Nissan if I were you. Some of these dealerships are beyond incompetent.

You can find the Nissan UK MD's email address with a quick Google search too. Cc him in on your email as well as the dealership.

Edited by acripaul

I am going to add to my story which only adds fuel to the fire, I contacted the dealership Monday once they were open after I found out over the weekend that someone on another forum had ordered a 2015 370Z Nismo on the 15th and received it one week later on the 22nd. They looked on the computer and said that my car was still on back order but if they put in a new order they could have one in a week, wtf? :angry: Problem is they would have to cancel my current order which means I will have to pay the new price for the car not the original price which they had agreed on. :wacko: So for me to get this at the 2014 model price they emailed Nissan to confirm that this is what they agreed with the dealership and guess what it has been two full working days and they haven't responded delaying the process still further. I have called them several times and they always say they will contact me but never do but they told me to ring them at lunchtime tomorrow if I have not had a response. :rant: You know what also made me smile was when the salesman says we want you in your new car just as much as you want the car, truckin' really? :lol:

Edited by Turboextreme

Someone's dropped a ball.

£10 says they never ordered your car, or Nissan cancelled the order as the new one was due but either didn't tell the dealership or the dealership didn't tell you. Either way, no chance on you getting that car for that money now I reckon. :(

Even though it was a good deal I think I'd be walking. It's clear they are trying to put you off the transaction. Do you really want to be dealing with them and having it drag on and on. If they are like this when trying to sell you a car just imagine how much fun they are going to be when dealing with any warranty issues.

So today I discovered why no-one is buying a f*cking 370ZN.

Apparently a car was ordered for me, but there was a mix up and it was just a boggo 370Z GT with an auto 'box. Completely useless to me. When they said they're not really sure where I go from here, I don't think they were expecting my reply of "Somewhere else?".

Utterly pointless. He's going to try and see if Nissan have one somewhere to try, but isn't holding out much hope. Neither am I, and neither can I be arsed chasing them so I can spend nearly £40k with them.

*goes back to looking at £40K 981 Boxster S cars*

Incredible really. These cars have not sold well. You'd think they would be bending over backwards to get and keep your custom, not fudging it up at every opportunity. (Note to self - NEVER order a brand new car from Nissan).

It was the attitude that got me the most. I mean, fair play I genuinely believed he tried his best, but the whole thing was utterly p*ss poor. If this had been a low-volume car manufacturer I'd have forgiven them, but Nissan?

And they wonder why no-one gives a toss about anything other than the GT-R these days.

• Like 1

Still heard nothing from Nissan but you know what they say "No news is good news," I don't think that is relevant here though. They did come out with that old chestnut we will contact you later today and guess what they didn't so I called them and they told me to call them again tomorrow. :angry:

Edited by Turboextreme

Now on the verge of cancelling my order, I am speaking to the dealer tonight and if they haven't sorted it then I am going elsewhere.

Have you not enquired elsewhere yet? Or do you mean a different car altogether?

Nope I hadn't looked anywhere else was just waiting for them to sort it out.

Looked at my finances and managed to convince the wife to let me have a BMW M4 even though it was a little out of my original budget but as I was building it online I got a call from the Nissan dealer telling me that everything is sorted and should be able to collect my new 2015 370Z in around two weeks :). I even told them I was on the BMW website shopping for an alternative and they asked me not to do that :lol:.

• Like 3