Ordered A Silver 370Z Nismo Almost 14 Weeks Ago

Turboextreme

Well as the title says I ordered a silver 370Z Nismo on the 24th July so I thought I would call the dealership to see if they could clarify when I would receive the car as they said it would take around 16 weeks. They preceded to tell me that they had received an email from Nissan saying that they did not know when I would receive the car as they were waiting on the new car codes to come online :rant:

So it appears that I am now getting the MY 2015 facelift model not the car with the BGW :teeth: When I get the car your guess is as good as mine but I don't think it will be anytime this year. However they are going to honour the price I was going to pay for the old model unless it goes down of course.

Am I happy about it or not? I am just not sure yet :wacko:

Edited by Turboextreme

I really like the MY2015 Nismo. like the vents in the bumper, headlight black internals, seats B)

I believe the Nismo is made on the same line as the 370z but the line has to be re-tooled for the Nismo, this causes delays and communication problems with deliveries

What's not to like?! :dry::shrug:

Nissan-370Z.jpg

Looks cool to me. :thumbs:

Here we go again ;)

The busy front end

The wimpy spoiler

The fact that it looks too much like a standard 370

The less attractive wheels

The fact that you might end up in the same car as the Prince of Obnoxious Remarks (you'll find him four posts up ;) )

You do get the gorgeous seats though.... :)

Seriously though, I'm sure you'll love it. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. Will it still be silver?

Edited by sipar69

Lucky man, you don't get the ugly one, result! :D

That's really poor from Nissan though, really poor.

Agreed. The Skoda is a striking design for a hatch, especially in that colour.

Plus, I'd rather have a car that was fast, rather than one that looked fast. ;)

He should of bought a fabia, slower 0-60 and lower top speed but infinitely faster ;)

• Like 1

Actually, that reminds me, I need to chase my test drive in this. Although maybe the huge delay is why they've not got back to me yet?

Yep. Waiting for one of your excellent write ups. Shame they don't seem to be very keen on selling these cars to people!

• Like 2

For some bizarre reason it won't let me do a quote on a reply. :wacko:

Anyway, yes the wait is killing me so you could imagine how annoyed I was when they told me they are cancelling my original order. I am at the moment still getting a silver car but when I went on the US Nissan site to build the 2015 Nismo it looks really nice in black with the red trim. I like the new cars front bumper and seats, don't like the wheels as much as its predecessor and I wanted the big wing as without it the new car looks to sedate. I think that I am going to be waiting a long time for this car but you never know I might be the first to get one in UK/Europe and get my photo taken to boot.

For some bizarre reason it won't let me do a quote on a reply. :wacko:

Anyway, yes the wait is killing me so you could imagine how annoyed I was when they told me they are cancelling my original order. I am at the moment still getting a silver car but when I went on the US Nissan site to build the 2015 Nismo it looks really nice in black with the red trim. I like the new cars front bumper and seats, don't like the wheels as much as its predecessor and I wanted the big wing as without it the new car looks to sedate. I think that I am going to be waiting a long time for this car but you never know I might be the first to get one in UK/Europe and get my photo taken to boot.

from the pics I've seen it looks awesome in red B) try right clicking the quote box and click open

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/47841/2015-nissan-370z-nismo-review-test-drive

2015-nissan-370z-nismo-seats.jpg

2015-nissan-370z-nismo-side.jpg2015-nissan-370z-nismo-rear.jpg

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 3

Here we go again ;)

The busy front end ~ Looks more aggressive to me than it's predecessor and much better around the front grill.

The wimpy spoiler ~ I prefer the duck bill type spoiler ~ not a drifter either so don't need a BGW.

The fact that it looks too much like a standard 370 ~ Not sure if serious? :dry::lol:

The less attractive wheels ~ Agree with you there but they can be easily changed.

The fact that you might end up in the same car as the Prince of Obnoxious Remarks (you'll find him four posts up ;) ) ~ What's wrong with that? Technically Royalty then, ...no? :D

Gave my views in red text above sipar69. :wave:

Would love to own your car though or the 2015. Both are cool imo. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I genuinely think it looks too similar to the standard 370... Even if i didn't own the mk1 I would think that. Let's not get into this debate again ... Is all personal preference

Tbh I like both, I'd be happy with either, different but both appealing

• Like 1