Latest trip - warning contains large pussy

SteveM

So.... my 40th Birthday was upon me and my wife decided that i should have a fishing trip to remember for my big 40 so with that in mind i booked a trip to Thailand and had a ball while we were out there! didnt just do the fishing but here are just a few pics of some of the fish caught...

25lb Black Pacu

25lbpacu_zpsb84b7785.jpg

55lb Amazon Redtail Catfish

55lbredtail_zps773eb1a0.jpg

80lb Amazon Redtail Catfish

80lbredtail_zps0f085f5e.jpg

90lb plus Siamese Carp

90lbsiamese_zpsd480afc2.jpg

another Redtail

amazonredtail_zps39a9bf7a.jpg

30lb Asian Redtail Catfish

asianredtail_zpsf846ab0e.jpg

150lb Arapaima caught on my 40th birthday

arapaima_zps7b6c82e3.jpg

• Like 4

Impressive Steve. What's more impressive is you are happy standing shoulder deep in water that holds things that big. Jeepers

to be fair Will they tend to swim away from you when you get in the water.... some of those fish were caught caught not much further away from where we are standing to take the pictures but the worst bites we got were from the fresh water shrimp that are in the lake! like getting an electric shock when they latch on and nip at you

:lol: I would take the **** about the little shrimp and how big you are but you will probably post a picture of a shrimp the size of a small dog :lol:

Looks like a great Birthday though mate :)

• Like 1

Wow, those fish are impressive :scare: Some of them almost seem unreal because they are so perfect looking. Can I just ask, why did you have to get into the water? Was it just to put the fish back or were you standing in the water to fish?

Wow, those fish are impressive :scare: Some of them almost seem unreal because they are so perfect looking. Can I just ask, why did you have to get into the water? Was it just to put the fish back or were you standing in the water to fish?

it was for the fishes well being. they dont want to lift the fish out of the water for anything other than a quick picture and as you can see with the Arapaima they dont even do that. they are all treated with an antiseptic on any injuries or sores or bite marks (yes they bite!) before they are released

it was for the fishes well being. they dont want to lift the fish out of the water for anything other than a quick picture and as you can see with the Arapaima they dont even do that. they are all treated with an antiseptic on any injuries or sores or bite marks (yes they bite!) before they are released

Oh, that's good then. They are such impressive creatures that it would be a huge shame to hurt them unnecessarily. Puts the biggest fish I've ever caught to shame I have to say and I was quite proud of that tench as well :lol:

Edited by twobears
  • Like 1

It's great that you enjoy the sport but care about the animals' welfare as well. :)

Arapaima are getting properly rare these days! Awesome catch!

Has anyone seen the river monsters episode on the pacu? They're supposed to be vegetarians, yet they'll eat anything if they have to. There's a lake in africa where they were introduced to provide a food source for the locals, they're actually now causing issues in that they're killing everything else off, even baby crocodiles and birds!