The Cancer of Isis

Harryjax

We live in a corrupt materialistic western society which is in conflict with a religious ideology in extremis. There is no solution for greed and stupidity, hand in hand they slowly strangle any bastion of hope for the future. A shame really that this jewel in space is overrun by feckless morons that either want to control stuff or believe in something that doesn't exist. The clock is ticking people and time is running out, if we don't wise up soon then none of this tomfoolery matters.

• Like 1

There were protests and cinema bannings when Life Of Brian was released, but Im not aware there were Christian extremists walking into the production offices executing people.

Religions should not just be judged on the actions of a few, but the inactions of the many. Show me another religion who's extremists are as regularly and brutally violent

This problem will not be resolved by "Christian" & Western nations waging war against Muslim extremists. The only way deadly and violent Muslim extremists will be stopped, is by the overwhelming vast majority of peaceful Muslims. If they choose to just condemn the actions, but are otherwise just sitting back and letting them continue to happen, then continue to happen they will.

• Like 3

There were protests and cinema bannings when Life Of Brian was released, but Im not aware there were Christian extremists walking into the production offices executing people.

Religions should not just be judged on the actions of a few, but the inactions of the many. Show me another religion who's extremists are as regularly and brutally violent

This problem will not be resolved by "Christian" & Western nations waging war against Muslim extremists. The only way deadly and violent Muslim extremists will be stopped, is by the overwhelming vast majority of peaceful Muslims. If they choose to just condemn the actions, but are otherwise just sitting back and letting them continue to happen, then continue to happen they will.

Couldn't agree more, if you havent already watch the second video i linked to earlier. The problem is much more ingrained then it initially seems, 60-70 years of hatred being spread throughout the religion is what other sources have suggested. Its going to be a very hard problem to fix.

It bugs me that you only see one or two random leaders from Islam speaking out about it on TV, i never get the feeling that its a unified front with several of them holding press conferences in the UK, Germany etc.. all talking out about how terrible it is, because of that i think it just aid the breading of anger and hatred, and aids vigilantism/racism.

Edited by neo-ninja

Just copied and pasted this as I completely agree -

All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing, we have seen this happen over the years - the silent majority do nothing. Nazis in Germany - the vast majority of Germans did not agree with Hitler but they stayed silent and the evil grew and grew until it could not be stopped. The same happened with Stalin in Russia where the majority off Russian did not agree with Staling but stayed silent in the early days when it could have been stopped. Remember Cambodia and Pol Pot, similar scenario when majority did not agree with him but turned a blind eye in the early days until it was too late. History is littered with examples of this. These extremists are doing this in the name of Islam ( fact) so I would suggest the silent majority of Muslims show that this is not in their name. The Silence is deafening.

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 3

I believe there is a significant power struggle going on within the Islamic / Muslim faith, between the moderate and extremists. I think, sadly, that the moderates are struggling to maintain a hold on the core of their faith and followers. I think this is a key battle which cannot be underestimated.

If the moderate Imams and leaders, those condemning these attacks, from mosques across France and across the world today. Don't succeed in taking back the faith for those who believe in it, then things will only get worse. We will see more incidents like this happening.

I think the only way society as a whole can beat or reduce the likelihood of these kind of incidents. Is to work together. Support those within the Islamic faith trying to turn their followers away from violence, away from a misinterpretation of Islam. Which is the partly the source of these such attacks (along with those grievances which they may have (legitimately or not) against the Western / Christian world.

This is about a war within a faith to stop it being tainted / twisted to an interpretation which is going to tear this world apart.

I'm reminded of something Stephen Fry said on QI a while ago. There was a discussion about faith and the troubles in Ireland, which pretty much sums up the whole conflict between faiths thing for me.

Stephen Fry

".......Catholic versus Protestant, essentially. It's that kind of fight......And it goes on to this day. Will we never learn? Who knows? ......Religion. 5h1t it."

Edited by Bockaaarck

Just copied and pasted this as I completely agree -

All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing, we have seen this happen over the years - the silent majority do nothing. Nazis in Germany - the vast majority of Germans did not agree with Hitler but they stayed silent and the evil grew and grew until it could not be stopped. The same happened with Stalin in Russia where the majority off Russian did not agree with Staling but stayed silent in the early days when it could have been stopped. Remember Cambodia and Pol Pot, similar scenario when majority did not agree with him but turned a blind eye in the early days until it was too late. History is littered with examples of this. These extremists are doing this in the name of Islam ( fact) so I would suggest the silent majority of Muslims show that this is not in their name. The Silence is deafening.

Isnt this exactly what the op of the thread was, how do you stop the cancer?

How would the peaceful side of the muslim community deal with the violent side? Although i do think its the answer, just not sure how they can stop it without resorting to violent acts themselves, then they are no longer peaceful!

I suspect most people would say to the above that the minor celeb didnt then go and hunt them down and execute the chav and all his mates with a machine gun. Or saw thier head off with a rusty knife while filming it...

I get what you are trying to say but really they are incomparable, satire and parody are a way of engaging thought provoking and cleaver debate, just hurling abuse constantly at someone is neither clever or thought provoking.

I agree. I don't personally think there is any reason that religion should be specifically signled out for protection from mockery or criticism. That's how religions work - they tell you to believe in a load of superstitious hokum and then make it difficult to question or criticise, in some case by use of fear and violence.

I care a lot about animal crueltly so I once got very offended when some *bleep* on here made a joke about having deliberately run over an animal (yes, it happened). Much as it offended and disgusted me (and would offend other people of a similar mindset to me), I wouldn't want to harm the person in question. I would just want to peacefully argue with them about it try to convince them that their behaviour was wrong.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 4

There are reports of suspects surrounded near Reims

Now here's the problem...The French Government cannot allow everybody

in France to go to bed tonight knowing that out there are 3 killers with evil intent.

So they have to at least state that they have 3 suspects in a certain area, just to calm

the population and show that they are doing their job.. but to be honest I doubt they are the gunmen..!!!

Seems the French government aren't as dishonest as you thought Will :)http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-30721677

Well the 18 year old kid who handed himself in could not have had anything to do

with it as he was at school while it was happening and the other two are still at large,

sure they have arrested a lot of people and questioned them, but they don't seem to have

the right ones yet.....!!! :scare: :scare:

Sorry Papa..still not got them...!!!! :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Hoping that this doesn't turn toward some awful outcome. I hope the Police and special forces can close this down without any more casualties

Just quoted that 2 people have been seriously injured in a shoot out during

the car chase. :scare:

Looks like some people have been killed in the shoot out.

Edited by WhackyWill

Hoping that this doesn't turn toward some awful outcome. I hope the Police and special forces can close this down without any more casualties

Not good at all :(

Not good at all :(

Looks like two killed and 20 injured so far. :scare: :scare:

Printing business being reported as the location where the suspects are. Could be coincidence, but could it be this printing firm is responsible for the printing of Charlie Hebdo? Probably coincidence I suspect

Edited by Bockaaarck

I just heard its a building material warehouse that they are in. :surrender:

Wish they would make their minds up where they are....now its a printers ..!!! :surrender:

Now saying that nobody been killed in the shoot out..Who Knows..!!! :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill

It's turning in to a nightmare isn't it. The shooting of the young policewoman has been linked to the Charlie Hebdo attack.

Armed police now evacuating the area around a kosher supermarket in Eastern Paris.

This is just terrible :(

Looks like somebody been shot in the kosher grocery. :scare: