Destiny by Bungie

sipar69

Odious Tea was god-awful, I would hope that Destiny is significantly better than that!

:lol:

It's an evolution of the idea of the open world FPS system that ODST suggested 5 years ago.

I think you'll like it, I think a lot of people will like it as it has so many key elements of gameplay.

Going to be a loooooooooong day at work ;)

Like you'd not believe.

Although I'm on the home straight now.

Been looking forward to this and its ideas since Halo:ODST in 2009, which was used as a tester for this sort of game.

Now with the added tech of the new consoles, online stability, player base and a lot of R&D I can sit back and enjoy.

Just to make you sick I have 300mb+ fibre optic, a 3/4ms ping and hardly play online :p

They're (allegedly) going to be installing fibre optic to my home town -but just to the exchange - its copper after that - will that improve speeds, 'cos surely I'm still going to be limited by the copper ? ( I currently have 12-14mb)

:lol: is Destiny still upscaled to 1080 like the beta :stir:

Nah, BETA was 900, upscaled in day one patch, some say it runs better on the Xbox because of it :D .

Best of all on PS4 (just sayin..)

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/186912-ps4-destiny-graphics-look-superior-to-xbox-one-verison-but-barely

;)

A colleague just jumped ship from ps to xbox due to the online side of things.

The ps4 is the better technically but at the minute the implementation of the xbox wins it for me.

I'm a gaming fan and not a brand fan by the way ;)

I will get a ps4 at some point no doubt but whatever console you have as long as you're enjoying your gaming that's all that matters :thumbs:

:lol: is Destiny still upscaled to 1080 like the beta :stir:

Nah, BETA was 900, upscaled in day one patch, some say it runs better on the Xbox because of it :D .

Best of all on PS4 (just sayin..)

http://www.extremete...ison-but-barely

;)

A colleague just jumped ship from ps to xbox due to the online side of things.

The ps4 is the better technically but at the minute the implementation of the xbox wins it for me.

I'm a gaming fan and not a brand fan by the way ;)

I will get a ps4 at some point no doubt but whatever console you have as long as you're enjoying your gaming that's all that matters :thumbs:

heh I'm only playing :stir:

They're (allegedly) going to be installing fibre optic to my home town -but just to the exchange - its copper after that - will that improve speeds, 'cos surely I'm still going to be limited by the copper ? ( I currently have 12-14mb)

12-14 mb is pretty good for non fibre. I was in the same boat but was getting 1-2mb before and on 25-30 now so was really worth it. Your provider should be able to estimate what speed you'll get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a competition law that stops DD's being cheaper than shops. It makes sense as it would basically prohibit shops being able to sell games. The shops would then stop selling the hardware and everyone would lose out.

One of my testers has the week off to play this. Defo waiting for the PC version!

I think there's a competition law that stops DD's being cheaper than shops. It makes sense as it would basically prohibit shops being able to sell games. The shops would then stop selling the hardware and everyone would lose out.

One of my testers has the week off to play this. Defo waiting for the PC version!

If thats true it is bonkers :wacko:

Just prolonging the inevitable like with music & video shops...

This game is awesome....

Agreed. Only just starting and I can see an improvement they made over the beta....none of the pointing directly at dropped items like ammo and pressing a button to pick them up. :thumbs:

The OH just asked me if I'd be down soon to which I responded if she wants me to. Nah she said there's a couple of tv shows I don't like and she wants to watch. Win win :lol:

There's no competition law like that! :lol:

If there was, do you not think that Steam might have issues? ;)

Just doesn't make sense though does it, let's say each copy of Destiny, the developers gets £20, he retailers have to pay for logistics etc, Sony or MS just have to keep their servers going. Maybe they are not geared up for massive demand of new games yet or maybe they are just milking it for all they can get while they can?

Hopefully once things start to gain speed on the digital side you will have the option to pay a monthly subscription and play whatever games you want (within reason)