Destiny by Bungie

sipar69

Curious to know if anyone is planning on getting this?

http://www.destinythegame.com/uk/en

I spend very little money on games these days and have only bought two full priced games since I got my PS4 last Christmas (it gets more use as a DVD/Blu ray player).

The thing that has got me interested in this one is that it comes from the people who designed the original Halo on Xbox - one of my absolute favourite titles in some 30 years of playing video games. If the core gameplay is similar to Halo's, it might be the game that gets me back into gaming on a more than very occasional basis. It's been hugely hyped so it has a lot to live up to.....

Anyone else looking forward to it?

• Like 2

I have the digital version downloaded and ready to play after midnight, that's on the xbox one though.

I wasn't too fussed about the game until I played the beta. Will see how the full game plays :)

Edit: the reason why I wasn't fussed is because it was by the same team as Halo, I could never really get into their games. That said I only played the original on a PC and because of that experience I haven't played any of the others.

Edited by Fodder

I have the digital version downloaded and ready to play after midnight, that's on the xbox one though.

I wasn't too fussed about the game until I played the beta. Will see how the full game plays :)

Edit: the reason why I wasn't fussed is because it was by the same team as Halo, I could never really get into their games. That said I only played the original on a PC and because of that experience I haven't played any of the others.

Halo seemed to be a love it or hate it game. I got it with a new Xbox which at the time seemed like a really powerful console compared to everything else. There was just something about the original Halo that really got its hooks into me - I loved everything about it and ended up completing it on every difficulty level several times over. I haven't really enjoyed any game that much since but I've got high hopes for this one. Will download tomorrow! :)

• Like 1

Yes yes yes. I am so excited to get this tomorrow, I will be whoring it to the max!

THIS!!! I played the crap out of the beta in july, was very impressed with it. If i wasn't unemployed atm i would have took time off work for it B) If anyone want's a titan to game with add me :thumbs: Xbone gamertag is Hell presidenti
  • Like 1

Saw a piece about Destiny on Sky News a couple of days ago, its a half billion USD project, If i had a new gen console i would be on it like a rash, looks awesome and being from Bungie its going tick all boxes for me i too am a massive Halo fan, never played anything like it when the first one came out and have all the editions, to me the first one takes some beating... wonder if Destiny is the one that will outgun it.. keep us posted i may be tempted to upgrade...

Edited by Martinjj
  • Like 1

Got it pre-ordered for tomorrow, hope it's as good as Halo! Bought my xbox one about 6 months ago and to be honest have hardly used it, no game has appealed to me until this one. Please be as good as Halo! .........although I didn't enjoy Halo 4 as much since Bungie didn't do it, does anyone else think the same?

• Like 1

Bought it for PS4 and can't wait for it to arrive. I played the Beta and it felt like its got terrific potential .

I'm working away on my clients site for the next few days so won't get play it until Friday morning. Still, handling the contract close and handover on Thursday.

Don't think I'll bother picking up any new clients for a couple of weeks so I can focus on Destiny without any interruptions :yahoo::lol::yahoo:

• Like 2

This is the true Halo 5.

Bungie wanted to sell to the masses, MS wanted to keep Master Chief locked to their systems.

Bungie stepped aside and made the game they wanted to make for the people they wanted to make it for - Everyone.

Those procrastinating really missed a beat with the open BETA a few months ago.

This is the true Halo 5.

Bungie wanted to sell to the masses, MS wanted to keep Master Chief locked to their systems.

Bungie stepped aside and made the game they wanted to make for the people they wanted to make it for - Everyone.

Those procrastinating really missed a beat with the open BETA a few months ago.

I agree about the beta, it changed my mind.

I hope it has a decent single player campaign, although the cooperative aspects look good too.

Bear in mind that its designed to be MMO sort of experience.

If you came looking for a CoD type game then it will FAIL.

I'm aware of that thanks - but I'm still hoping that it will be enjoyable as a single player campaign (even with the presence of other players).

If it was anything like COD I'd be disappointed - I don't like those games at all.

I hope it has a decent single player campaign, although the cooperative aspects look good too.

Bear in mind that its designed to be MMO sort of experience.

If you came looking for a CoD type game then it will FAIL.

I'm aware of that thanks - but I'm still hoping that it will be enjoyable as a single player campaign (even with the presence of other players).

If it was anything like COD I'd be disappointed - I don't like those games at all.

Its more co op than single player in campaign. You need to work together to take down the 'boss' on each stage. Choosing different classes in your team. I.e one sniper, another assualt and gang up on them.

If anyone is getting it on the PS4 add me: JIMBO_ADDY we are going to need to team up!