Destiny by Bungie

sipar69

Yeah redeemed it. Ill have another look at it after work cheers, I dont remember anything downloading apart from the Vanguard armoury.

If you go to the dashboard and select Menu on the game, then, Manage Game, you can see what additional content has been installed on that game, as a series of tabs. If your Red Sparrow hasn't installed or downloaded properly it will say there and you can retry it.

Then boot up the game, visit the Postmaster, then go into your items and select the red Sparrow from your Tech section.

Fingers crossed it shouldnt be too difficult for them to increase the fire team size because end game raiding allows 6 in a fireteam

I'd be happy with them to leave the FT sizes to 3 but allow FT's to join up please, or at least wait together in a lobby until a server becomes available for all 6 players to land.

Well I had an incredibly irritating experience getting the game. Although my PSN Plus account happily shaves the monthly fee off my credit card every month, when I tried to add funds to buy the game it told me the card details were invalid. After several attempts to re-enter them, I think I've been temporarily locked out. Researching online, it seems that Sony's security is so sensitive that if there is even the smallest difference between the way the billing address is entered compared to how your card company stores it, the payment won't work. Really annoying!

Anyway, I got round the problem by buying some digital payment cards on Amazon and funding my wallet that way. Looking forward to trying the game out later.

Huge Halo fan here like everyone else but what's different about Destiny exactly? Just watched a gameplay video (level 1 campaign walkthrough) and aside from the usual Bungie polish it looks almost exactly like every other FPS I've played in the last twenty years. What am I missing? What's the USP..... "awesomeness" factor that I'm not seeing?

I've only spent a short amount of time with the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. The only downside for me is that the enemy AI is not as impressive as Halo's, a game that is now over ten years old. At one point three enemies stood stock still in a line while I picked them off one by one with a sniper rifle - no attempt to move or go for cover.

Oh and I like the daft dancing. :)

I've only spent a short amount of time with the game and I'm enjoying it a lot. The only downside for me is that the enemy AI is not as impressive as Halo's, a game that is now over ten years old. At one point three enemies stood stock still in a line while I picked them off one by one with a sniper rifle - no attempt to move or go for cover.

Oh and I like the daft dancing. :)

The enemy AI is rediculous, they run at you, you turn and run, they stop then hide.... then repeat :dry:

• Like 1

Being a Billy-no-mates I haven't played jointly with anyone yet. One person invited me to a game but by the time I'd worked out how to accept the invite it was too late :wacko: .

I've joined in a battle alongside other people playing the same level though, which was a lot of fun.

Edit: Just found this re PS4:

Remember to set you fireteam setting to open to public. It make it much easier for other guardians to join your fight

FYI: To set your fireteam settings to public open the Options menu and go to the Roster tab. Click the icon beside the heading FIRETEAM and change setting from friends only to Public. This needs to be done every time you log on.

Edited by sipar69

from what ive seen the AI seems rather good i thought. Actively hiding, darting from cover to cover, flanking our position, running away when outnumbered.

Its flippin hard when you up the difficulty too, the 3 of us were lvls 5,6,7 and we did the lvl 9 moon mission on hard - resulted in some epic firefights where the AI was very good

Its flippin hard when you up the difficulty too, the 3 of us were lvls 5,6,7 and we did the lvl 9 moon mission on hard - resulted in some epic firefights where the AI was very good

I noticed that as well, the harder you have the difficulty on the smarter the AI get :) first game ive enjoyed in a while!

Quite nice description of the AI from the Guardian review.

These extraterrestrial tribes are varied and sometimes challenging – but the AI is largely predictable so behaviours can quickly be learned and exploited. If you have a decent sniper on your fire team, and build up a couple of titans with strong armour and upper-level rocket launchers, you’re in control. For all the narrative investment, then, you’re facing a menagerie of bullet fodder, from the lowly prancing Dregs, to the gigantic Barons and Princes who batter you with rockets and stomp about the place like heavily armoured children at a disappointing birthday party.

Quite nice description of the AI from the Guardian review.

These extraterrestrial tribes are varied and sometimes challenging – but the AI is largely predictable so behaviours can quickly be learned and exploited. If you have a decent sniper on your fire team, and build up a couple of titans with strong armour and upper-level rocket launchers, you’re in control. For all the narrative investment, then, you’re facing a menagerie of bullet fodder, from the lowly prancing Dregs, to the gigantic Barons and Princes who batter you with rockets and stomp about the place like heavily armoured children at a disappointing birthday party.

Have to agree with all that, not played multiplayer yet hopefully that will improve the experience but single player is uninspiring..... hide/pick off/hide oh there is a boss.... Yawntastic