Destiny by Bungie

sipar69

Yup there are a few bugs with party chat but it seems the same in forza. Shows the system wasn't ready for launch.

Dave - to get light gear you need to do the daily strikes and random strikes to get vanguard marks which you use to buy legendary gear which has light. It will take 1 week to get 1 piece of gear.

Also sign up with one of the factions as it's quicker to get their. Legendary gear

Cheers wll I signed up

To Future War and wear their colours so I guess that helps :)

i was so disappointed. got it on release day, pre-ordered months in advance, then put it on ebay with 3 days.

Very repetitive and the story is an afterthought, not what i expected from "the most expensive game ever made"

i understand its gonna grow and progress, but that didnt stop it boring me, like a non funny borderlands

got to level 17 then got really bored grinding out xp

just my 2c

Edited by Desey

Can I ask a slightly related question? I have about 1GB of space space on my (original and very small) 360 HDD. I assume destiny will basically be impossible to play without deleting a lot of other content I'd like to keep? I guess this puts me out of the running unless I buy a bigger HDD but how do I transfer all my existing content to a bigger one?

I'd really rather not have to buy a an XB1 because of this, particularly as I play on a low rez projector running 800x600 and would therefore obtain zero graphical uplift anyway.

Can I ask a slightly related question? I have about 1GB of space space on my (original and very small) 360 HDD. I assume destiny will basically be impossible to play without deleting a lot of other content I'd like to keep? I guess this puts me out of the running unless I buy a bigger HDD but how do I transfer all my existing content to a bigger one?

I'd really rather not have to buy a an XB1 because of this, particularly as I play on a low rez projector running 800x600 and would therefore obtain zero graphical uplift anyway.

I assume the 360 version will run fully off the disc as they sold some without a HDD. Have a look at the requirements of the game.

I've seen lots of conflicting views on the subject ranging from 1.8gb to 40gb install with all the packs n stuff.

Is it possible data from a small 360HDD to a larger one (say 128GB?)

Iirc the original 360 came with either 20,60 or 120gb which you could also buy as upgrades and you could do a one time copy if you had the data transfer kit. Not sure about the slims as I never had one.

• Like 1

Fodder's bang on the money, there is / was a one time transfer kit which I used for my 360. Did what you're thinking of doing now Dynamic Turtle.

Bought a new 120GB drive and transferred a load of saved stuff on to it, then had loads more room for new game data and saves.

You should be able to get hold of one without it being stupidly expensive

• Like 1

Yeah it's basically a cable that allows you to copy the data from one HDD to the other. It's one time per console/account and they bundled it with any new HDD at first but removed it to reduce costs. I loaned mine out after I'd finished, can't remember who to otherwise I'd happily send it out if you found an official HDD but didn't have the cable.

OK well having looked into it I'm not sure I want to play Destiny so desperately that I need to spend £15 on a cable then £50 odd quid on a bigger HDD, just seems silly so late in the console's life and while I still have Portal and Tomb Raider to complete. Might just buy an XB1 once they start getting discounted for xmas - suffering a bit of sticker shock what with the price of games and peripherals. This is becoming an expensive hobby!

Although having said that, amortising the costs over the eight years of ownership it becomes one of the cheapest forms of digital entertainment available. Crazy how much I love the 360 - it's an antique in technological terms. A good example of the importance of creative processes and software development ingenuity over constant hardware upgrades? Smartphones seem to last 12 months before being binned.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle
  • Like 1

Gaming is potentially one of the best value for money past times out there. It can be tempting to buy the next game / console as soon as it comes out and sometimes that's ok.

I think the better half and I probably have something in the region of 300 hours playing time on Skyrim between us. For £40 over a period of a couple of years, that's a great return in entertainment.

Gaming is potentially one of the best value for money past times out there. It can be tempting to buy the next game / console as soon as it comes out and sometimes that's ok.

I think the better half and I probably have something in the region of 300 hours playing time on Skyrim between us. For £40 over a period of a couple of years, that's a great return in entertainment.

I would say have to disagree and say that masturbation is undoubtably the best value for money pass time there has ever, or will ever be.

This game is hard!!....starting to p*** me off a bit when it's taken half an hour to complete a level only to be killed and you gotta start all over again.....there should be a save half way through!

Have to admit it goes from one extreme to the other. You do a mission on your own and it takes hours like you say hiding and taking them out one at a time. Then someone joins you and you blast through it in 15 minutes...

Was hoping this be the game to tempt me to upgrade the 360/ps3, but the reviews aren't great and doesn't sound that different from Halo :(

Being similar to Halo would be no bad thing in my book. I still prefer the original Halo to pretty much any other game I've played in 30 years. I wouldn't be put off by just the reviews. Having played the game quite a bit now I'd say the reviews are overly harsh. It's not perfect by any stretch but it's a lot of fun and there are plenty of ways to play it.

Was hoping this be the game to tempt me to upgrade the 360/ps3, but the reviews aren't great and doesn't sound that different from Halo :(

Being similar to Halo would be no bad thing in my book. I still prefer the original Halo to pretty much any other game I've played in 30 years. I wouldn't be put off by just the reviews. Having played the game quite a bit now I'd say the reviews are overly harsh. It's not perfect by any stretch but it's a lot of fun and there are plenty of ways to play it.

A pretty accurate assessment :)

• Like 1