Back in a Zed!!

hawker1986

Hi all,

As some of you may remember my Mrs was in an accident a while ago and her Zed was written off. Anyhow since then we have been searching high and low for a new one, and weve found one at last :D! Picked her up last week, drove all the way to Scotland and back :wacko: . Midnight blue, FNSH, 34k on the clock, otherwise totally stock.

Shes off to Andy and Mitz today for the old rays with MPSS and the Miltek to go back on along with parking sensors and a few other bits getting done, obviously the most important mod is already done...stubby is on!

Rubbish Iphone pics only for the moment, next weekend im going to get the DA out and give her a full detail so better pics after that:

The Mrs driving it for the first time

IMG_1088_zps7de4ae1b.jpg

With my car stopped at the services on the way back down

IMG_1094_zps7f4cfd56.jpg

After a quick wash to remove all the murdered insects from the drive down

IMG_1098_zpsc1ed1953.jpg

Were both ecstatic to be back in a Zed.

Ed

• Like 2

Nice one Ed, i'm made up for you both, you've got yourselves a rocking colour too, it amazes me how mine can look almost black one day and a deep rich bluey / turqouise the next.

Are you noticing much difference between the DE and HR?

Yeah the colours great, will look even better once I get it polished up I think.

Yes the HR is definitely a step up in terms of power, noticeably quicker with the longer gears, also a little better put together and easier to drive, steering, clutch and gearbox are all a little smoother and lighter. Also the Miltek is a bit more shouty on the HR which is no bad thing :).

The only other thing ive noticed is the oil pressure seems to shoot up more rapidly on this engine, still idles under 30psi when warm but floor it and it will shoot up to 100-105 PSI and stay there, its not gone off the gauge so im guessing its just a difference between the engines and not a problem? Unless anyone thinks otherwise!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...